Butch Schultz's 409

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Butch!! Long time no hear!! I remember you from the 409 Chevy Club of America!! I used to send you your newsletters to Hermiston,Oregon back in the day. Also, you brought the car down to Pomona to the Winternationals one year to show it. I met you guy s there, as well. I never even knew there was a Biscayne Fleetmaster until I read this story and saw the pictures. Very nice car! I also liked the vintage Pomona pictures. Across the street from the strip there used to be livestock and cattle grazing, now it's an industrial park. That track is also all modernized as well. Nice to read about you guys!!!

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Butch, your car and Ricky's, are the reason I bought my 61 two months after Great Bend. I absolutely loved seeing your car in person and the drag race history behind it. Absolutely don't have the coin to buy it either!:D Sorry to hear you're selling it.

I'd like to extend a big:finger:finger:finger to all those s--tbag 'classic car' dealers, for turning this hobby into a money machine and a gouging operation.
Hi again. Not good at this how to respond so I hope you get this. I did see the picture of your car and you racing it. That is what it is all about. I wished now that I would of restored ours the way I raced it for I think I’d b racing it and having more fun. Keep it up love the photos.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hi again. Not good at this how to respond so I hope you get this. I did see the picture of your car and you racing it. That is what it is all about. I wished now that I would of restored ours the way I raced it for I think I’d b racing it and having more fun. Keep it up love the photos.

Butch, I meant to reply to this weeks ago!! :facepalm:facepalm Sorry! Thanks for the words I appreciate it. Your car is museum quality now but I agree that thing was bad to the bone when it had super tricks on the front and black steelies and 10" slicks:good