California rain

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So the huge rainfall, which was desperately needed in California, because of guys like us driving cars, is also why they are getting more rain than they needed.
Many studies have shown there is no correlation between carbon emissions and global temps. We srated recording weather and temps around the 1880's, which happens to be the lowest earth temp has been in 8000 years. Look that up.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I personally believe there is climate change. If we look at how the planet is made up, and how the planet is in a state of natural perpetual change, how could there not be. We know there were ice ages, we know the glaciers melted ( global warming / climate change ) when there was basically no people, and no industry at all. The question is how much are people actually contributing to it if at all? The global warming ( now climate change ) wack jobs refuse to consider any science outside basically the last 200 years When those same wack jobs throw in their politics to support their claims and to push a personal agenda, they lose all credibility with me. The current climate crisis was also pushed about 100 years ago. Most of the same claims were made then and didn't happen. The planet changes, it always has, and it always will whether people are here driving cars or not. Humans are just going to have to learn that nothing is permanent, and all the money in the world cannot change the planet from changing. They may have to move from the surf naturally eroding their beach front homes, unless they want to control the oceans too.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Everlast has my welder sitting in shipping but UPS won't come pick it up, maybe they need some boats? :doh

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I watched an article about the storms of 1859 through 1861, Sacramento was under water.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No correlation? Depends on who you talk to. Talk to Booker, he'll tell you that blacks are more adversely affected by climate change., Also with the Feds looking at banning gas stoves, Booker will tell you that Blacks are more adversely affected by the dangers of gas stoves. High gas prices, talk to Booker, well you get it. The queers will follow soon

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I watched an article about the storms of 1859 through 1861, Sacramento was under water.
25 years ago you could not build around the Sacramento River in certain sections. It was considered a flood plain. Now they have strengthened the levees in the area and massive housing has been built all around the area including a massive amount of commercial, including the expansion of the Sacramento International Airport. When it floods, there will be a public and political outcry of a major magnitude probably blaming global warming / climate change. But for now, for convenience, its fine. Just another example of humans building where they shouldn't. New Orleans is another. I think it's flooded almost 200 times since it was established. Yet, they rebuild in the same flood prone areas, and complain.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
25 years ago you could not build around the Sacramento River in certain sections. It was considered a flood plain. Now they have strengthened the levees in the area and massive housing has been built all around the area including a massive amount of commercial, including the expansion of the Sacramento International Airport. When it floods, there will be a public and political outcry of a major magnitude probably blaming global warming / climate change. But for now, for convenience, its fine. Just another example of humans building where they shouldn't. New Orleans is another. I think it's flooded almost 200 times since it was established. Yet, they rebuild in the same flood prone areas, and complain.
DUH

wristpin

Well Known Member
Theoretical timeline
1. Multimillionaire buys floodplain property pennies on the dollar
2. Politician gets first campaign contribution
3. Beautification project on taxpayer dime approved
4. Beautification project completed
5. Politician gets remainder of campaign contribution
6. Non flood plain land sold in parcels 1000x original assessed value