Californian Fires

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Talked to my Sister last night, she's in Sacramento and taking care of our Mom out there. She said the air is a bit thick out her way, but it's mostly West and South of her. She was out camping over the weekend and noted that one could sense the change in air quality, but that is probably a regular occurrence given the wind patterns in that area.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am about 20 miles west of Sacramento. It has been overcast with smoke for about 2 weeks. Ash is floating down some days, though not too bad. Like Dave said, I think it has helped knock down the temps. We were getting hammered with a heat spell for our area.

Findafire

Supporting Member 1
Hope everyone is safe out there! Worked in the Bronx as a fireman and used to chuckle when taking a shower at home wife would ask if I smell smoke? It clung to the hair and stash, only after a few showers it would dissipate. Hope there is some kind of weather relief for inhabitants and fire fighters out there!

32witha409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Not good if you like to breath, and now we are getting the monsoonal flow with the 100*+ heat. I'm Southern California so not as bad on the smoke as the north, but it gets blown around such that we just have very hazy days.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We have our own fires causing air problems but the California smoke is overrunnning us.
That's the real reason they put all those windmills up in Banning Pass and Palm Springs so they could blow all their smoke over to AZ........pretty devious.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Take care guys. From what we see this end it doesn't look good.
Damn you guys are getting hammered in more ways than anyone would wish.

Thinking of you all.

Gav

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We have our own fires causing air problems but the California smoke is overrunnning us.
That's the real reason they put all those windmills up in Banning Pass and Palm Springs so they could blow all their smoke over to AZ........pretty devious.
Our governor isn't smart enough to pull that off. He's busy with tunnels and trains.