Calling all Canadians!!!

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A friend of mine has a Canadian built 63 Impala SS conv. and we are trying to get a little more info on it. I am unfamiliar with the trim tags so the color code totally threw me. The color code is SP2637, I believe. Its kind of an orangey red. Similar to the 1957 chevy red but a little more orange. We'd also like to obtain some documentation from GM of Canada. Does anyone know how to go about doing that?
The car has factory air and a black interior. It has a 409 but its originality is pretty suspect. Its still a super cool car!!! Thanks for any help!!
Ross

pg409

Well Known Member
Call GM Canada Historical Services at 905-644-5843 7:30 AM to

5:00 PM Eastern Monday to Friday. Ask for George or Frank.

Have your VISA card handy. Cost is $48.15 Cdn.

They will tell you build date, colours, options, and which dealer it
was delivered to. The Build sheet will substantiate your engine/trans combo

They will mail you a complete restoration package and the GM Canada documentation
on your car.

61 vert

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The new number for GM of Canada Vintage Vehicle Services is 905-440-7697. Cost is $35.

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Factory Air ? Must be nice :deal that is a big plus and with possibly original 409 car too ... :beerbang super nice, consider most of our cars are 6 cly :bang and 283 :scratch This car could be a rare piece.

Let us know please, as soon as you've the birth certificate :deal

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the info, guys!:clap It has been sent off and I should know pretty soon. Actually a friend of mine sent it off the other day so when he relays the info I'll post it. He asked about the color which, I believe, was SP2637. Not sure about the number but it was 4 digits and it did have the SP before it.
Ross

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes, Keith, he did! The orig. power train was a 283/PG (as I suspected) but the color is still a mystery. It is some sort of special order color. It didn't have any info on the original options but it said it was sold new at Bouillard Automotive in Sherbrooke Quebec.
My friend is going to contact another fellow in Canada about the color code on this 63 SS conv. Interesting stuff!!!
Ross