cam and lifters

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I've decided to go hyd.roller.What I'm offering for sale is a new Comp. hyd flat tappet cam and a set of new[never been installed] Rhodes V-Max [adjustable]] lifters.The cams spec's. are 268 in.,280 ex.[224 in.-230ex.@.050] on a 108 lobe seperation.This cam would be great for a "hot" stock stroke.10.5-1 348,a moderate 380,or stock stroke 409.300 dollars plus shipping.

catdoctor

Don I would like to have it but you know. My cam is installed , chain and cover on and the intake and valves adjusted. I'm really sorry . You've been a lot of help to me and others. What is the lift so others will know?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Around .535 or .540 with a 1.7 rocker.This cam would be too big for an engine without notching the 9.5-1 pistons.It would work with the 10-5's[cast] but it's top end rpm would be pushing their limits at top end.With the I con forgings,no problem.The lifters are basicly a poor mans varible valve timing.Tame at low rpm,a bear above 3500.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The number will have to wait until I pull it back out of the short block.I's been lubed,degreed to my engine,and installed but no lifters were installed.The cam itself was ground by Comp for a series that Aubrey sells.108 lobe seperation,104 intake center line.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Don,

I know this is another question when you go hyd. roller (I've decided to go hyd.roller) do you still need to add zinc to your oil?

Thanks Ted