CAM BRAND QUESTION

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Buying the 097 cam for my 283. Any difference between sealed power vs comp cam? The cam and solid lifters made by sealed power are about $100 less then from Comp cams.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Go the cam covered. I had to reach way back in time and called an old super stock racer and he remined me about a cam grinder we use to use, he still does. And I called him and he'll grind a new core and have it for me next week.
Will buy the lifters from jegs or summit, waiting for edm info

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
If you have a cam grinder lined up ask him about them.
I have only installed one set but that car doesn't have much time on it yet.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
That's fine if you do that, install the cam with the new lifters, reassemble the engine, fire it and put some drive time on it for break in, then after a satisfactory break in, that's when you replace the springs. Best to break in the cam on used springs to minimize the possibility of the cam going flat upon initial start up and run time.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
EDM hole is the best development for flat tappets ever. No doubt that extends the life of lobe and lifter. Last set I bought from comp had those edm holes, had never seen em before. I thought what the hell is this??? Genius! That’s what:good

El Rat

Well Known Member
EDM electoral discharge machine. I believe that Garlock owns / owned the patent.if it is the same machine it is used to remove hard “bolts” that are broken off in the end of camshafts or such.

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Are these EDM lifters available for hyd cams or are they solids only? I can only find them listed for solid applications.