Camaro guy on the W-Motor site

SHAWN B

Hello all,

I've been lurking around for a while and thought I should finally say hello. So...hello.

Let me say up front that I do not currently have a 409 powered car. I don't even have an Impala anymore. My first two cars were "64 Impalas back in the mid eighties. I held onto the 2nd one into the early nineties when I got deep into Camaros.

I currently have a '69 Camaro RS/SS pro street/drag mobile. 548" bbc with a th400 which has run 10 flat @ 134 in close to "street" trim.

But enough about that. I seem to have been bitten by the nostalgia bug and am HOT for another Impala/Belair/Biscayne of some sort. 61-64. I'm not too picky. Something like "BISCAYNE61"s but with a BIG motor. Nostalgia drag race look.

-Shawn B

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Shawn, Lots of drag racers on this site. Good luck with finding a 60s Chevy for the future. :)

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Shawn

The 1969 RS/SS is still one of my personal favourites. Sounds like one tough car!

Welcome to the site. :D

RCE1962

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome ShawnB. Question for you. Which brand of headers would you say are the best fitting for a mild big block 1st gen street Camaro?

SHAWN B

Thanks for the welcomes.

For 1958 delivery... I currently have Hooker adjustable race headers on my car now. 2-1/8" tubes with a 3-1/2" collector. But for a street header, I ran Hooker #2205 Super comps with 2" tubes that fit well around the accessories etc but were a little long in the ground clearance department. The squashed remains hang on my basement wall. I do have manual brakes and steering plus solid mounts which gives me a little more room. The correct mounts make a big difference.

-Shawn B

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
SHAWN B, Welcome aboard. There is a lot of drag racing going on here. I think you will be right at home.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Shawn!
Don't worry about the Camaro problem. It can be cured with large doses of vitamin "W". This is the best place in the world to get it.
:brow

SHAWN B

Delivery,

I think I would have been ok if the car didn't sit so low to begin with.

Attachments

• CAMARO 2006.jpg
    CAMARO 2006.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 88

rwagon57

Supporting Member 1
headers for low F-bodies

Hedman headers probably offer the best ground clearance, but do give up some performance capability. The other option is block hugger shorties.

bubbatop

Street and Performance

Street and Performance in Mena, Ark are good people to know if you are looking for special headers. These are some shorties for a first gen camaro with a 502. Wouldn't work for a drag racer but for the street they work fine. Sound good and dyno results have been normal for the crate engine. And this car sits as low as you can without airbags.

Attachments

• dz502f.jpg
    dz502f.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 419328388108_0_BG.jpg
    419328388108_0_BG.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 76