"Can Johnny come out and play?"

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just dragged this rust-bucket home. Can provide food, drink, and lodging for helpers. Come down to sunny, mild Texas. Tonights forecast for 3 in. snow, tomorrow nights forecast-12 degrees. Next picture of car to be posted summer of 2007, if all goes well. Cant believe I fell into this trap again.

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Ronnie! Just go to STAPLES and get one of them "EASY" buttons? :doh

Have fun!:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Been there, still doing it!

Ronnie, it looks like you've got your self another fun "Winter" project :). And next Winter, and the one after...

I can't tell, is that a 1961 or a 1962 (or other?). Body style? Colors?

So what are your plans, take it all apart, or do you have a "stopping point"?

I generally stop when I'm out of cash, like right after I buy something :). Then I start and stop, start and stop, and pretty soon several years go by, you forget how much time and $$$ you have spent, and everything works out OK. Unless you have a spouse that keeps track and reminds you ever once in a while :).

Got any more pictures of the body or pans?

Enjoy!
TomK

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey ronnie !! Looks like a BIG hole to dump CASH into !!!:roll

I`d take you up on the help offer but that kind of weather isn`t for me,,,,,,dq

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thinking of joining the " rat-rod" clan. That way I could put an engine-trans. and drive it as is and pretend thats what I really want. nope, cant do that. Will pull front clip, suspension, strip firewall. Then weeks of cleaning and re-assembly with new ball joints and bushings and brakes. Then to the rear suspension for same. By then it will be summer and time for paint and body work. My wife likes for me to start these projects, she knows for a year and a half I wont be wandering off. 62 blue and thats all info being released. Too embarassed about the rest of the details. you are right, dq, it is a money pit, but it is all I know how to do.

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
winter toys

That looks alot like the pile of rust I been working on for about two years. The first year i spent just putting the new parts in the garage. This year I'm cutting it apart. I'm putting the new floors in this week. Next, the 454 with the t400 .
All it that's is alot of time and money. Have fun with it:roll

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ronnie, God I love it when you start a new project. I know that it will turn out to be outstanding and we will all learn a lot from you. I only have one question, this won't keep you from comming to our outing this summer???? Or let me put it to you this way IT BETTER NOT!!!!:stooges :takethat :cuss :argue: :cheers :roll

Tony

SteveD409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The name of the program evades me right now, but it's the one with the lady ferinsic (sp) examiner with an on again off again boy friend named, how appropriately, "Woody". Anyway on this week's episode Woody is all real puffed up proud of the Chevelle he just spent the last two months doing a frame off (and this was while working full time I suppose). Even my wife made a comment to me saying " You must be doing something wrong.":roll

SteveD

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jim, yes , this car will recieve the 817 stroker motor. Attached is pics from 61 that I sold 3 months ago. Body condition was 10 times worse than current car. Even engine compartment was much worse. 15 months of labor. "Catch 22" Sold the car to finance stroker motor, now gotta fix up a car for the motor. I do have many "before" pics of current car, but would never show them until car is finished. People would see pics. and accuse me of being crazy for trying to save it.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I need your time tables!

Ronnie, if that first car was 10X worse, and you can make it look like THAT in the amount of time it takes for the IRS to send my tax refund back to me, then I commend you!

And I would also like to extend an offer for you to move to Columbia, MO at my expense, and help me finish the 10 years of projects I have planned that are "in the works". Based on my own estimates, together we can accomplish these in 3-4 years, alone I will probably take several decades :). I'm suitably impressed!

The final product representing your new project will most undoubtedly look just as spectacular! Good luck with that project!

Best,
TomK

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
61 Chev

Ronnie, that is one nice looking 61. That's one to be proud of.

Fred

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
TomK, thanks for the offer, but have great family and friends here, so I better stay here. I have a negative character trait , in that when I start a project, I cannot stop until it is finished, or I am broke. No golf, no fishing, no nothing until the project is finished. Just waiting on the weather to warm up a bit so I can attack new project. Thanks Fred, when the buyer showed up to look at car, he asked price, I told him. He then went over the car top to bottom, front to rear. I then offered to take him for a test drive ( low budget-spirited 350 with M20 ) He said " NO thanks " paid me and loaded up. When he said "no thanks" I knew I had sold way to cheap. Didnt even want to hear the engine. Thats me!! Buy high-sell low. Nobody leaves here unhappy.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Love that 61

Hey Ronnie

I got awful nervous when I saw that 61..............:doh
Had to go check the garage.........:rolleyes:

That is one sweet looking car..........:bow

but then I am just a little bias.....good luck on the new project...

bj:cheers

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Johnny never showed up to help, so Ive been working by myself. The normal new brake and suspension parts, including coils. Cleaned everything with a rusty screwdriver. Took awhile. My home made A.C.-heater delete plate is made from 1/8 aluminum . Will make a splendid location to display a Clay City group picture of all you ugly guys and your pretty wives. Some of my colors are inclorrect. Example: Gloss control arms, etc. But Hey! Its my old clunker and ---I likes shiny things!---- Gonna wait a few weeks to sand and buff delete plate. Once that is done it should reflect chevy orange and chrome real good. Next picture to be posted November 1.......... Ta-Ta

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Pretty

Sure looks good from here. Keep those pictures coming. Progress!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
She's looking real good!:beerbang You've been getting a lot done. So what do you mean when you say... "Next picture to be posted November 1.......... Ta-Ta" We can't wait till November for more pictures.:deal We need constant updates!:D

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry Jim, This senior citizen is tired. There will not be anything worth showing until paint goes on. Will now strip moldings and start on body work. I hope to paint Sept. or Oct. At that time I can put the orange motor in. Really looking forward to that day.