Can We Review Old tools?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
"No replacement for displacement" applies to everything. Old stuff for machining still does the same job as it did when built. They haven't figured any better way, computers just make for a faster setup time. Nice looking piece, an acquaintance had some of that stuff his father bought new, had all those overhead pullies running everything off one big electric motor.

Don

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
71 MGB and I can say there is not one part of this car that I have not had my hands on.
I have a bunch of pictures of the many things that have my signature on them I could post but was not sure this was the site for that stuff and I will be damned if I will sign up to some MG forum.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had the chance to use the lathe.
I am setting up a 9 inch ford rear end for a customer and it has an aluminum pinion support and the Jegs solid pinion spacer and shims but with all the shims it still has to much bearing preload.
So I had some shims but the center hole was not large enough.
Easy clamp in chuck hold die grinder with sanding roll and take small stabs at it and now that I have a thicker shim I can back down with the thin ones.20151226_130627.jpg

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
71 MGB and I can say there is not one part of this car that I have not had my hands on.
I have a bunch of pictures of the many things that have my signature on them I could post but was not sure this was the site for that stuff and I will be damned if I will sign up to some MG forum.

I thought so by the shape of the wind wing, I drove a 1965 MGB for a few years, years ago.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Need one of you guys to direct me to the place to start a thread on it (i am sure that will be close to the dumpster) if you have some interest.