CAN YOU IDENTIFY ANY OF THESE ITEMS?

60 Nomad

Well Known Member
So, just been going through some things trying to locate some parts for my 60 Nomad I'm working on and came across a couple things that I don't know what they are?
The first looks like a car part, maybe for something to do with vacuum? It looks like it might screw into a carb or manifold and has a bimetallic piece on the end that looks adjustable? Just wondering if it's something for a tri-power setup or what? I don't have a clue.
The other two I was wondering if they were some sort of guides for hoses? Maybe they are nothing to do with cars but since they were in some of my car stuff I have???
If so they are probably a 55-57 or 59-60 Chevy part?

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3085.JPGIMG_3088.JPGIMG_3089.JPGIMG_3090.JPG

62BillT

Well Known Member
The only one that looks familiar to me is the 2nd picture. It looks like a Rear Seat "Hook" that locks the back seat to the wheel well on a '59-'60 Wagon. Not positive now, but that's what it looks like to me.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bill.....looks like a water line hose clamp or ac clamp that bolted to a bracket.on the front of the engine.

60 Nomad

Well Known Member
The only one that looks familiar to me is the 2nd picture. It looks like a Rear Seat "Hook" that locks the back seat to the wheel well on a '59-'60 Wagon. Not positive now, but that's what it looks like to me.
It does look a little like that, but mine is on the car, it doesn't have that hook turn to it and it's chrome. I was thinking maybe it went on the A/C Compressor to hold the heater hoses together going to the motor, but the one in the assemble manual doesn't look like that. I think I have mine but I haven't gotten that far yet.

60 Nomad

Well Known Member
Bill.....looks like a water line hose clamp or ac clamp that bolted to a bracket.on the front of the engine.
That's what I was thinking too, but it doesn't look like that in my assembly manual. Maybe it's another year car. I did buy a compressor mounting kit for the Nomad when it had the 283 in it. I think it was an aftermarket kit that was for mounting a GM A5 Compressor on a 283 engine, maybe it was in that and I didn't use it? It now has the 348 and the original mounting brackets. I just don't like throwing anything away and was wondering what these items are. I was most curious about the first one, looks like it opens or closes the valve on temperature, if so I don't know what it would control?

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
The last one looks like the bracket that goes between a hard brake line and the flexible rubber hose that goes to the wheel cylinder to hold the end of the hard line in place and keep it from flexing. The first looks like some kind of HVAC piece, possibly a fixed regulator or relief valve.