Car came out

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have a back issue and im only young compared to the likes of Phil etc:poke:D
Chiro used to work well with my L4-L5 issues from lifting shit i shouldnt have when i was a lot younger

Found a muscular skeletal guy who is abot 10 miles away from here.
Works wonders with my and Lynettes back issues (Lynette had a compressed spine in our accident in the 60)
Seems to get all the related muscles around the area doing what they are supposed to.

Works for me as i dont like pills much

Steve

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Got the trans in the hole tonite. Shifter mounted and adjusted. The shifter throw is 4 1/2 inches now. Much better than before. Could likely get a bit shorter, but would have to pull shifter body apart and modify. I am happy with what I have. Another night or two and we should be good to go.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:appl I took mine out for a ride today for the first time in years. Unfortunately :( it was a short ride around the yard on the trailer. Removed the old TH400 and washed off some of the grime with a pressure washer and then put it in a different stall under the pole barn.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
As you know Dave, I had problems getting trans 1 back, so I bought trans 2 from you. Trans 2 had different shifting forks on it, so I ordered some and while waiting for those to come in, I got a call that trans 1 was being shipped out, finally. Well, not exactly trans 1. When the builder got done with trans 1 he installed it in his car to make sure it would shift good at high rpm, which it did not! He then shipped me out his trans that was in his car instead. It is the twin to the trans I got from you, except the shift forks don't have to be switched. So I installed trans 3 in my car. Simple right? Anyhoo, it shifts alright, but I am going to play with it some and see if I can get it any better. Maybe I am just expecting too much, but the Muncie I took out of the car still shifts smoother and faster than the trans I have in the car now. I want to make sure there are no more missed gears!

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
As you know Dave, I had problems getting trans 1 back, so I bought trans 2 from you. Trans 2 had different shifting forks on it, so I ordered some and while waiting for those to come in, I got a call that trans 1 was being shipped out, finally. Well, not exactly trans 1. When the builder got done with trans 1 he installed it in his car to make sure it would shift good at high rpm, which it did not! He then shipped me out his trans that was in his car instead. It is the twin to the trans I got from you, except the shift forks don't have to be switched. So I installed trans 3 in my car. Simple right? Anyhoo, it shifts alright, but I am going to play with it some and see if I can get it any better. Maybe I am just expecting too much, but the Muncie I took out of the car still shifts smoother and faster than the trans I have in the car now. I want to make sure there are no more missed gears!
Brian... Weren't you running a Super T-10 in Kansas??

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Yes sir, it had a t10 at Kansas. Originally I had a Muncie in the car. A year or two ago I swapped a t10 in.The Muncie is now in my buddies camaro and shifts so damn smooth. I almost never missed a shift with the Muncie, but was sure it would have popped with a sticky tire. I will figure these T10 transmissions out no matter what.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes sir, it had a t10 at Kansas. Originally I had a Muncie in the car. A year or two ago I swapped a t10 in.The Muncie is now in my buddies camaro and shifts so damn smooth. I almost never missed a shift with the Muncie, but was sure it would have popped with a sticky tire. I will figure these T10 transmissions out no matter what.
I have one in mine too.. I like it...what does your tranny guy do to make them shift better at high RPM??

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I have no idea with the Muncie, it is just the way it came with the car. Never did open it up. As far as the t10 I have no idea either, but I am going to open my spare t10 up and maybe do some messin around inside. If I fudge it up, I'll have to fix it. That's how we learn ain't it? I just played with the linkage and arms at the shop and brought it for a ride. Much smoother shifting, but a little longer throw. I can live with that for now. :burnout:burnout:burnout:burnout One for each gear.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have no idea with the Muncie, it is just the way it came with the car. Never did open it up. As far as the t10 I have no idea either, but I am going to open my spare t10 up and maybe do some messin around inside. If I fudge it up, I'll have to fix it. That's how we learn ain't it? I just played with the linkage and arms at the shop and brought it for a ride. Much smoother shifting, but a little longer throw. I can live with that for now. :burnout:burnout:burnout:burnout One for each gear.
I think a good Muncie is always going to shift smoother than a Super T-10...:hide

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
3.50 gears in, airbags in, oil changed, almost ready. Going to play with the trans and shift linkages today. The 1-2 shift still has a catch in it. All other gear changes are great. It sure cruises nice with the 3.50 over the 4.30 gears.