Car colors!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My perfect car is a red 62 with a black interior or black with a red interior. Great dash gauges ect those years..

I have no problem with the Crusher Honduras Maroon Metallic/black interior. 64 is not my favorite year though.

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 60 Pontiac Bubbletop is the blackest black there is. No tint added to the black pigment.View attachment 76132

I love older Pontiacs, and you have a very beautiful car that I would love to own. Absolutely great in so many ways that I could go on and on. However.........… blackest black? For the year most likely, and you probably mean that, I am just playing devils advocate, which I should not on such a great car. Vantablack

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Although I am a Chevy man thru and thru I do like your Pontiac. You forget how good some of the other cars looked as its been so long since they were around. I hate to say it but Chevys are a dime a dozen, you can go to any car show and see almost every year represented. Cars like your Pontiac are seldom seen, that is one good looking car!

Cayneman

Well Known Member
IMBVSUR, there are probably hundreds of different shades of black paint. Its all dependent on what color tint is added to the black pigment. For instance a friend of mine has a black 63 Corvette that has a definite brown cast to it. Why I said my Pontiac is the blackest of the black is that no tint has been added. Its all just black pigment. The car has recieved a nut & bolt frame off restoration with no rust ever. All the sheet metal is original to the car and has never had any rust repairs. The body panels are laser straight.
I to am a Chevy man and have owned several X frame Chevys over the years. This is my second Pontiac. Sold the 63 Impala in my avatar not too long ago. Biggest difference between the Pontiac and the Impala is the Pontiac has about double the amount of chrome and stainless and a fancier interior. The Pontiac is the ultimate Highway Cruiser. Has a 400 C.I. engine and a 2004R transmission which at 75 MPH turns 1900 RPM's. Goes down the Interstates all day long at 80 MPH plus without breaking a sweat.
Guy's thanks for the positive comments on the Poncho.

Gary

Last edited:

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Be real guys. Daytona blue is the shit . I wonder how many cars were repainted resale red or black because at one time the greens, golds,browns were shunned. I had a Cordovan brown 63 09 Belair that was beautiful.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
In the Eighties my buddy had a Ermine White 62 SS clone. It was not a perfect specimen, but I thought it was cool. Now I have a 62 Impala that needs paint. I go back and forth every day about painting it the original 917 robins egg blue or 914 which is a little darker. I still haven't decided.

Lara4228

ESPECIALLY THE 2020 MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I disagree! I like the sexy sleeper look of the bronze on these 2020's. Didnt pay my deposit so i lost out on it this year but that was going to be my colour. Wasnt a fan of the red and the yellow and blues i found to be too pop culture like