Car cover for 1961 Impala "bubbletop "

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anybody have a recommendation for an "indoor " car cover? Prices are all over the place....would like a nice form fitting cover ( not a "fitzall ") Thanks for your help!

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
I bought one from the 50's car show. It as $25.00, for indoor use it was perfect .Left it on outside and it rained. Might as well had a wet rag on the car for all it did.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Previously, I purchased 5 car covers from California Car Cover. They were either indoor or outdoor; depending on the vehicle. I was very pleased with each and every one. Recently, I tried purchasing an indoor cover for my '64 SS. I couldn't believe the price. At $260.00, totally unacceptable to me. Went on line and did some research. Compared the Cal. car cover specs. to others. Made sure I was comparing apples to apples. Found several with the same specs. at $160.00. I haven't had this cover that long, but thus far it appears to be fine. The fit is better then I thought it would be. Only time will tell if this was a good move or not. Do some research and then you can make a decision. Make sure you do a good comparison. Cal. car cover isn't the only game in town. Not sure why they became so pricey but they did. I'd stay away from those $39.95 ones you find in some vendor magazines. Just my experience and opinion.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've used the same cheap eBay cover on mine for the last 8 years or so. Works great and cost around $25. For an indoor cover, don't spend a lot.

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carmine....how's the fit with your new car cover? Can you give me any more info as to the supplier? Who had it listed on E- ?
Thanks Ken Smith

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I have had a Summit car cover on my 64, for six years. (SUM-11116) It's for the outside. Can't comment on that, since my car is inside. The cover is 4 layers, and was only $65.00. Great deal.:clap

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carmine.....must have gotten lost in the transition....please re-send ? Thanks Ken Smith