Car show this Saturday

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's correct. A car show this Saturday. Hi everyone. Can you believe it, given where I live. It's being sponsored by a local hot rod car club and will be held at a drive-in near by. Guess I'm lucky because I have 2 drive-ins in my area. This is fine with me. I thought these events were over, but I guess not. I'm going to take my '62. Could very well be my last ride of the season with it, unless we continue to get nice weather. I'm going to continue driving it until that white stuff falls from the Heavens, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Time to put your snow tires on Carmine. :D (remember when we did that?)
I do Bob. Remember it well. My father had snow tires mounted on separate rims ready to go. You could say I'm stubborn, I guess. I refuse to give in to the Winter. I go to everything there is now, car related, although this Saturday should be it. I even wear shorts right up to the first snow fall. When they see me, people avoid me. They probably think I'm a little psychotic. They might be correct :laugh4, Carmine.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
That's correct. A car show this Saturday. Hi everyone. Can you believe it, given where I live. It's being sponsored by a local hot rod car club and will be held at a drive-in near by. Guess I'm lucky because I have 2 drive-ins in my area. This is fine with me. I thought these events were over, but I guess not. I'm going to take my '62. Could very well be my last ride of the season with it, unless we continue to get nice weather. I'm going to continue driving it until that white stuff falls from the Heavens, Carmine.
You get close to that drive in ,stay away from those four cheese burgers...lol

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Carmine where in New York is this show?
This show is at the Warwick Drive In, in the Town of Warwick, NY. Suppose to begin at 9A and end about 3P. I think a hot rod club is sponsoring it. I'm about 25 minutes from there. As of this moment, it's pouring outside. WOW. What a shock. Suppose to continue until 3A Saturday. I don't have a clue if the show will go on or not. If the roads are wet, then I'm not taking a car. Probably will still go over there with my truck just to see what is going on. Are you close by??, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I’m in Torrington ct lt looks like about 2 hours from here.
I just stepped outside (5:08am) and it stopped raining. About 38 degrees. Not sure about the roads or if they will still have the show. I'm probably not doing anything until about 9am, then I'll make a decision. Since I'm only about 25 minutes away, I might drive over there regardless. If it wasn't for this being what I think is the last organized event of this year, I wouldn't even consider this. Not with the weather. Two hours to come here is alot of time/distance for a show like this, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yeah your right if it was maybe an hour I might’ve gone. Thanks anyway. Vin
No problem Vin. Just came back from my walk in the park. Cool and crisp. Skies are turning blue. Roads are drying. I'm heading over later. Going to be a long winter, I'm afraid. If I don't forget, I'll try and keep you posted on bigger shows in my area. Some are worth the drive. There is one when the weather is nice, I've seem 1100 show cars. About 1.5 hrs. from me. Worth the trip. I go every year, Carmine.

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
I usually go to rhinebeck in May. That’s a good show and it’s about 75 minutes from here

bobs409

Administrator
I don't know what you guys have but we just had a little blizzard here! Roads were even getting covered. Now, it's all gone and the sun is shining! Very windy today too. None of my garage queens go out in this! :D

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I usually go to rhinebeck in May. That’s a good show and it’s about 75 minutes from here
That's exactly one of the shows I'm talking about. Always the first weekend in May. I go Saturday to the flea market, car coral and see the street rods/customs that are on the field. On a good Saturday, they've had as many as 700-800 cars. Then the classics on Sunday which I really like. Been going there about 25 years. Been judging the GTO/Lemans/Firebird class for the past 20 years. Alot of fun. Even though my kids are all grown, they did grow up around this stuff and they still enjoy coming and helping out. I was going to a show over your way in Connecticut just past the Danbury Mall. Sponsored by some home for children. Great show. Alot of nice cars that I don't see in my area, Carmine..

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
Next year I’ll be bringing the 58 to rhinebeck. Was that other show at the south bury training school? If so it moved to the Bethlehem fair grounds.