Car shows

El Rat

Well Known Member
I’ll bet when the Chinese bat virus thing is over the car show circuit will be flooded with folks

Cayneman

Well Known Member
The Holley Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green Kentucky has just been rescheduled to August 20-22 2020.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My website www.MotorMagic.info is over run with cancellations for car shows here in Iowa. Some shows are getting brave for June though.
Now people are trying to over lap their early year car shows that were scrapped with the well established shows in the late summer/early fall. Des Moines now has a popular show that is going to try and be the same weekend as our DesMoines Concours d"Elegance show. We normally get over 10,000 people to attend so I don't know how that will effect us or them. 2 big shows in the same city going on at the same time, someone is going to suffer.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Same here in the Detroit area either cancel or dates pushed back in the hope things clear up.
They just canceled the Concors d’Elegance show for this year (100 point vehicles, by invitation only).
The big car dealers car show (New) has been pushed back for now, after they change the date this year, use to be the 2nd to 3rd week of January. No word on the Woodward Dream Cruise yet, but August is coming fast.
The small cars Shows are all doing the same either canceling or date changed in hope they can reschedule.
I have already told my son to keep my 62 in Greensboro, NC, as I’m staying close to home as possible.
As I live so close of one of the BIG virus centers and with my age and health factored in, it’s best.
You May call me paranoid, best it’s best to be safe then sorry.

Dave

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
GoodGuys is the only event coming up quickly that they are pretending they will still hold July 3-4th. Did I mention Des Moines has been rated in the top 5 hot spots in the U.S. ? I say bring 6000 classic cars, fans and such. Let's have a good old time passing the virus around more. The case numbers double each week now for the last 3 weeks without any big events. No big deal. :laugh2

Junky

Well Known Member
Carlisle is scheduled for the end of June, and I am thinking that it might be too soon to have crowds. It has been reported that paper money is one way that the virus spreads, so that is another factor. I am sitting on the fence trying to decide if it is worth the gamble to risk catching the virus.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
While I greatly respect people that want to stay within the guidelines I'm about done listening to these clowns changing their story every time you turn around. Going to get a haircut today. Mary read me the rules about that. WTF Business can not survive this bull$hit operating like the government. Headed out this weekend to take my stress out on prairie dogs......:guns:guns:guns

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Oh my next will be a crisis that there are suddenly no prairie dogs in Iowa! We already know there aren’t any frozen turkeys in a section of Ohio
Robert

The dogs are extinct here Robert. I killed them all off years ago. Have to drive 600 miles to find any. Going with a friend that lives near Mobrige, SD. Seems like all my friends and things I like to do are always over 600 mile away...I see a pattern here..........

I did see a few live turkeys this AM while drinking coffee. The tom was strutting about 40 yards away.

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Same up here north of the border guys, 2 of our largest swap meets cancelled for May & a 3rd in June will likely be cancelled as we can only have a gathering of no more than 5 people, most car shows and cruise's are cancelled right into Sept. & now the fall fairs are starting to post cancellations. Toronto's CNE in late Aug. & early Sept. is cancelled,1st time since WW II !!!

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
GoodGuys is the only event coming up quickly that they are pretending they will still hold July 3-4th. Did I mention Des Moines has been rated in the top 5 hot spots in the U.S. ? I say bring 6000 classic cars, fans and such. Let's have a good old time passing the virus around more. The case numbers double each week now for the last 3 weeks without any big events. No big deal. :laugh2

The Governess's "data" says it's gonna be fine, though. Open 'er up!

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Canada is moving very cautiously on re-opening country,as well as individual Provinces, & I agree, if opened too soon all the progress we have made will be lost and back to "square one" or worse!!! The people that are screaming to open the flood gates & just see what happens [TRUMP] are IDIOTS!!!!!!!