CARS Inc. front end rebuild kit

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
anyone ever buy this kit and use it? The price seems reasonable for what you get for sure but is it quality stuff? How are the ball joints? I'm leaning towards doing all Moog stuff in the front end but would like some thoughts....

J

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
You might want to check car quest. I bought a lot of stuff from them and its made by moog. Vin

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
thanks guys....I bought everything fronm Rock Auto including new coil springs, shocks, tie rods etc. Should ride like a new car when its all done :)

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
EDIT:

bought everything minus the springs cuz I ended up being undecided on which to buy:roll

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'd say the Moog stuff is significantly more expensive. The CARS kit is $200 with tie rod ends, ball joints, etc......I think all said and done I will have an additional $125 in the Moog stuff...maybe? I drive the car during the summer months regularly so the extra cost up front will be worth it...I just question the quality of the CARS pieces. I was hoping that somebody was running it so we would have some feedback but literally EVERYONE I have talked to has gone with Moog and/or Spicer Professional Grade parts.

A buddy of mine did the front end in his 68 Chevelle last fall with all Spicer parts (he's a ASE Tech) and he swears by the Spicer bits.....I just have never had a Moog piece fail me is all