Cars

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yours truly :cool:
View attachment 73009
View attachment 73010
With Charlie in the hat and his 375 HP 396. :burnout

The next door neighbor was a motor head and a little crazy ex 101St Airborne boy and he was someone you didn't want to mess with well anywho Jim had bought a brand new 67 Camaro SS 396/375 4 spd. and Jim couldn't ever keep anything stock so he dropped in a unstock L 88 in the car then the fun began. We had to pull the car with with his Dads 63 Ford pickup to get it started after it finally started I jumped out of the truck to unhook the chain and as I was walking back to the truck to dispose of the chain I heard this horrendous noise (open headers)and I turn around to find nothing but a cloud of tire smoke and a 67 Camaro heading right at me, Jim slid the car around the pickup:burnout and he continued on scared the $hit right out of me!!!. Then Jim went up in front of Slobby Bobby's Sohio gas station to pull a hole shot which really pizz's Slobby Bobby off because he's our local nemesis and the young guys around here worked extra hard to pizz him off plus Jim doesn't really give a $hit what Bobby thinks .:laugh2Well I had just bought a 65 Chevelle SS 327/350 4 spd. for $ 1300.00 about the same time Jim decided to sell the Camaro so he pulled the L 88 and dropped in a fresh 327/300 complete with 4.88 gears and sold the Camaro for $ 1200.00 the car only had 1000 miles on it the car was like brand new boy was I pissed but I really did like my Chevelle and that little 327 blew off quite a few cars in its time. Life was sure easier to navigate back then.:D

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Really not much of anything that will come out that side. You don't run a cross pin carrier with pinion gears, or spider gears as most call them in this application.
Want to see a picture of a magnesium rear chunk with the main caps blown back into the housing , leaving some big dimples , but luckily not coming out thru the housing?