Cars

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Just came across a photo of my first car when I was 16 .....basically the one that I learn to change a motor .....removing automatic, and install a four-speed........ unfortunately I lost it when I had to sell it .......while I was in the service......... I had lost my storage ........
13F4CFE6-BA68-4793-96E8-0BD11EC9AB95.jpeg
Kind of funny..... where the picture was taken, I must’ve been going to work...... where I am parked that’s attached to the parking for the restaurant that I worked at as a busboy dishwasher which was my 2 nd job when I was 15 at Conrad’s supper club on Highway 51 McFarland Wisconsin....... i’m thinking I was probably 17 when I took this picture .......Almost 40 years ago ..wow!!

Last edited:

wristpin

Well Known Member
Just came across a photo of my first car when I was 16 .....basically the one that I learn to change a motor .....removing automatic, and install a four-speed........ unfortunately I lost it when I had to sell it .......while I was in the service......... I had lost my storage ........
View attachment 86925
Kind of funny..... where the picture was taken, I must’ve been going to work...... where I am parked that’s attached to the parking for the restaurant that I worked at as a busboy dishwasher which was my 2 nd job when I was 15 at Conrad’s supper club on Highway 51 McFarland Wisconsin....... i’m thinking I was probably 17 when I took this picture .......Almost 40 years ago ..wow!!
Love that car, the look and the stance!!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
My mother bought the car for my brother.... can you believe $600 ......His first car when he turned 16 .....he made me buy it from him, for $300 a year later when I turned 16.......A good deal either way but I think I got took...... he got it for nothing .......

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
View attachment 86925
Thought you mentioned your car was white when you got a ticket for excessive noise ???

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thought you mentioned your car was white when you got a ticket for excessive noise ???

It was .........I wanted to change from it being white ..... I also didn’t know anything about bodywork and I thought by putting primer on it I could save the body a little bit longer .........A high school classmate, his dad had a shop space .......so we sprayed a primer over the white........ this is it when I bought it from my brother .......And I just noticed that’s my shop class project toolbox in the driveway by the back tire
BE3D1DC7-9ED5-4A86-8F48-FB22F5CCA308.jpeg

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Here you can see it already has the Doug Thorley side exhaust headers on it and it’s got the Z-bar running by the steering........ so I already had the four-speed and Headers installed......Funny story on the headers.......When I installed the passenger side header I ran my battery cable to the starter to close to the header it burned through and made contact while I was driving.... I lost power and then the smoke started rolling out from underneath the hood melted the post off the battery I thought it was on fire.......It’s funny how memories come back I had forgotten all about it just till now...... and just now I just remembered how bad it sucked when we didn’t have cell phones because I had to walk ..........:lmaoF113E566-0B83-40AC-93FA-7C1351C8E1C2.jpeg

Last edited: