Cat by the Sea

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Every year we spend Thanskgiving in Daytona at the Turkey Run. Each year we try to bring something different, this year its the 59 Cat. Photo taken on the beach down where the old beach course race track was.

Attachments

• 20191128_142308.jpg
    20191128_142308.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20191128_142332~2.jpg
    20191128_142332~2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 45

62BillT

Well Known Member
Tommy,

I saw where Earl Brooks also drove for your car owner. Were you good friends with Earl?

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My brother had a 59 when I was a kid he was a kid too 17 with drag link pipes and yep it was white just like yours. Always loved that good ole car :drinking

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tommy,

I saw where Earl Brooks also drove for your car owner. Were you good friends with Earl?
Yes, I considered Earl a friend, after I built my own Sportsman car Earl used to get tires for me. The Goodyear T 70 tire was a left side qualifying tire for the Cup guys, they wouldnt sell them to the Sportsman guys but Earl would get them for me

62BillT

Well Known Member
Yes, I considered Earl a friend, after I built my own Sportsman car Earl used to get tires for me. The Goodyear T 70 tire was a left side qualifying tire for the Cup guys, they wouldnt sell them to the Sportsman guys but Earl would get them for me
Earl was a good friend with a friend of mine. He always talked very highly of him. They worked together somewhere in Lynchburg, VA, but I can't remember where. Earl was also real good friends with Wendell Scott, as I'm sure you know. There are some interesting stories out there on the two.