Cecil

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Shop manual 1963 assembly say's , cubing front end sheet metal. Apply squaring fixture to front of dash in gauge hole's and radiator support to pick up common centerline. What fixture and what gauge hole's????? I am sure i can get clip assembled and lined up, but just wondering, no illustration!!!!!! I'll call you the man if you come up with this!!!!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Are you referencing the Assembly Manual or the Shop Manual? I don't have a 63 Assembly manual but what you are describing sounds like body shop repair procedures.
If you are just trying to re-assembel the front sheet metal go to the Shop Manual Section 14 Body, and page 14-88 for front sheet metal assembly and adjustment.

14 1963 CH-Body.pdf

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
This is the shop assembly manual that cubing is described , i have both assembly and supplement. Your page's you listed do not show any illustration's either, for the gauge or fixture.It only states ,shift radiator support left or right as needed up or down to adjust hood gap wide fender to door gap,will often be corrected by this method more quickly than by any other method.I saved and tagged all shim's for position to go back any way as was before so i should be very close .I read both book's front to back and could not find that procedure.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
this-thread[1].gif

Cecil,

One of the TSBs ( The one about 63 Idler pulleys: http://www.348-409.com/forum/threads/63-idler-pulley-tsb.21711/ appears to have lost it's images. Can you post them right in the thread?

Also, is there a TSB about pulley spacers? I remember a while back John (paint john) had a problem with breaking pulleys and I think you came up with a TSB that talked about a spacer/reinforcement washer type of arrangement as the solution. Do you have such a TSB?

Thanks

Last edited:

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I had to re-arrange my photobucket albums a few months back and was wondering when somebody would notice. Shows how much the Tech Library is used, I guess.
Anyway, I can't post directly to the site, Bob would have to do it.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I had to re-arrange my photobucket albums a few months back and was wondering when somebody would notice. Shows how much the Tech Library is used, I guess.
Anyway, I can't post directly to the site, Bob would have to do it.

How about pulley spacers?