Challenge to all the smart people in the room, team up and change how the world creates propulsion

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So i was watching a fun little high school kids experiment below and a light bulb went off. I saw the most powerful display of instant and free energy.....

There's a point where all the molecules stop and the power is so significant that a 55 gallon drum simply crumbles. Why couldnt an engine be developed that can repeat this? So like a bunch of chambers that flicker between the critical temp and the power is used to push a piston...

If it can be done, there's no doubt that this room of seasoned experts should find a way..

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Temporarily, there is no such thing as free energy. If they accomplish it, there will still have to be an initial amount of energy spent, such as the heat coming from the propane tank. Although I have worked a little with steam, this experiment doesn't have to use steam to accomplish the same. When they drained a 3 or 4 foot pipe that ran for hundreds of feet down the front of this damn in CA they didn't vent the other end and almost of that pipe did the same as that 55 gallon drum, and it was a lot thicker.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Even seperation of hydrogen from oxygen requires heat.
One pound of water from 32°F liquid to 212°F is 157 btu's. From 212°F to 212°F steam requires an additional 970 btu's.
In boiler plants there is a tank called Deaerating Tank. It utilizes steam temp (350°F) and pressure (4-7psig) to seperate oxygen from water. If cold water is introduced and sufficent steam isnt maintained that DA tank can potentially "beer can". To help prevent this there are vacuum breakers installed on the tank.
Fun fact...in nuclear (Chernobal) or boiler plants if cold water is introduced creating a beer can effect an explosion will then occur because of the vacuum which is created. Water at 150°F will flash to steam at 28"Hg which will expand 700X within the vessel. If the vessel is compromised due to beer canning you can imagine the results. It used to happen to steam locomotives pretty often.
Off topic but thought someone might find it interesting.

Last edited:

wristpin

Well Known Member
Im not recommending anyone try this cuz it might be BAD...but acetylene is made from calcium carbonate which is an alkyli so acetylene and sulfuric acid mixed would create an unstable reaction which contained within a cylinder would cause a violent reaction pushing a piston down.
Phast Phil youre up :poke

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Back in 1973, I worked in the Mobil station, by my house.:clap It was getting near closing time, :clapand my buddy said " it's time to liven things up" I didn't know what he was talking about.":dunno He told me to bring the 55 gallon drum over near the middle bay, and turn it upside down.:dunno2 He went and got the torches, and filled the the drum up, through the side cap. He unraveled about six feet of toilet paper, and shovel it under the drum and lit it. He told me "Skip, get in here now." I never saw this before, and didn't know what to expect.:dunnoWhen that exploded, it scared the shit, out of everyone. It blew 4 or 5 windows, out of the trucking company across the street, and 2 large panes, in K-mart store which was about 200 feet behind us. Instantly, he turned out the lights, and said " look busy":dunno2 About 15 minutes later Colonie cops, were flying all over.:teeheeFinally, one made it in, and started asking us what we knew.:rolleyes Mark said "I don't know officer, it sounded like a car backfire, down in K-mart's lot." He bought the story and left.:appl I gotta say, "I was Big time nervous" :eek1My buddy later confessed, " I guess I put to much acetylene in the drum." That was an understatement.:eek3 :lmao

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Even seperation of hydrogen from oxygen requires heat.
One pound of water from 32°F liquid to 212°F is 157 btu's. From 212°F to 212°F steam requires an additional 970 btu's.
In boiler plants there is a tank called Deaerating Tank. It utilizes steam temp (350°F) and pressure (4-7psig) to seperate oxygen from water. If cold water is introduced and sufficent steam isnt maintained that DA tank can potentially "beer can". To help prevent this there are vacuum breakers installed on the tank.
Fun fact...in nuclear (Chernobal) or boiler plants if cold water is introduced creating a beer can effect an explosion will then occur because of the vacuum which is created. Water at 150°F will flash to steam at 28"Hg which will expand 700X within the vessel. If the vessel is compromised due to beer canning you can imagine the results. It used to happen to steam locomotives pretty often.
Off topic but thought someone might find it interesting.

Smart :horse Harley mechanics always showing off :poke

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Interesting article. I didn't know anything about it or what he was doing. I will say, as a kid, one of the first things we were taught was to advance the timing till it knocked, then back it off few for best results. So I guess we have always been doing at least some of his stuff :dunno2

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So when I used to work at Sears Appliances every once in awhile someone would fail to come and pick up their dryer or the microwave. We had the task of disposing of it. So I came up with an idea if you take a balloon and blow it up with oxygen acetylene, then you put a screw on the back wall of the microwave or dryer and attach one of those poppers that you get from the fireworks stand that has two strings on it to the screw in the back of the wall and tape it across the balloon and tie it to another string that goes out through the door that is about 50-100 ft long. You open the door you take strapping tape and you put it across the balloon so that it's contacting the balloon and is secure. Close the door gently walk to the end of the Rope and when you pull the Rope the dryer/ microwave gets much smaller after a good tug on the Rope! And sometimes the police come, because of the neighbors!
They don't understand the details about recycling...:teehee you might want to put your safety glasses on and stand behind something solid too, just saying!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:yup Now a days that would be felony. However now a days they have made every little thing a felony because sissies cannot take even someone raising their voices or having a difference of opinion. I guess that's what happens when you live in safe spaces and cannot think for yourself. :scratch