Challenge to all the smart people in the room, team up and change how the world creates propulsion

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I went to a one room school with grades 1-8, around 30 kids. When we were about grade 6 or so, we studied pressure vessels. A fellow student decided to experiment with a pressure vessel filed with water in the barrel stove. He took one of those old swoop sided vanilla bottles, nice thick glass, as his pressure vessel. The barrel wood stove was made from a barrel laid on its side with legs added plus a heavy cast iron door end. Everyone in the school knew what was coming except the teacher. It blew and the cast iron door end ended up in chunks. The fellow who did it got strapped. The good old days.

wristpin

Well Known Member
I went to a one room school with grades 1-8, around 30 kids. When we were about grade 6 or so, we studied pressure vessels. A fellow student decided to experiment with a pressure vessel filed with water in the barrel stove. He took one of those old swoop sided vanilla bottles, nice thick glass, as his pressure vessel. The barrel wood stove was made from a barrel laid on its side with legs added plus a heavy cast iron door end. Everyone in the school knew what was coming except the teacher. It blew and the cast iron door end ended up in chunks. The fellow who did it got strapped. The good old days.
Tell us more about them thar log cabin skoolin days Great Grammpy Don!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We had 2 pit toilets indoors and no running water, just a hand pump outside. When I was in grade 3, because I was the only one in that grade, I did grade 3 up to Christmas and then did grade 4 with the other 2 people in grade 4. It was a boy and a girl, it was the boy who blew up the stove.

One older guy was always bumming cigarettes so it was rolled cigs so someone rolled him one with the middle filled with nice dry horseshiit.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This was in the 60’s in rural Prince Edward Island Wristpin. The school got replaced by a big new regional one in the early 70’s and kids were bused.
FYI there are 10 provinces in Canada and Prince Edward Island is one of them. It has a population of about 150,000!!!

wristpin

Well Known Member
Lol...my dad attended a one room school house outside Haiti South Dakota. There were no trees in that area so for recess during the summer the kids collected cow manure for winter heat. That school house was about 2 miles from his house and as far as i know was still standing up to 1980 or so. My grandfather boarded up the windows sometime in the 60's and used it as a grain silo for years.