Charlotte Auto Fair

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Next week is Charlotte. I and one of our esteemed members will be exhibiting at the car show outside the speedway at turn one. My chew chief MacKenzie won't be assisting me as last year when I was just behind rankings of a certain blue 61 SS Impala. Stop by and cheer on class 36 muscle cars! Look forward to seeing everyone
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Thanks Phil if I can't beat him on the show field we are staying next to the awsume Z Max drag strip maybe I can woop his ass at the drag strip as Hayden would say!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The Z Max 4 lane strip comment reminded of a hot summer day many years ago in North Carolina. I had 68 GTX and at that time was C/stock later factored by NHRA up to B/stock. I was at one of those many Carolina "outlaw" strips that will remain unnamed. I thought they were named that for a place to run those Plymouth Hemi's Barracudas built by folks like Petty Enterprise, Cotton Owens and others as NASCAR had banned them from running Hemi's that year.
I always believed in the T&T focus (track n tach) but on this run against one of those pesky Chevelles I noticed going into third gear he was a good car length on me. Usually when getting to third gear with a Drag Pac equipped GTX if you were within a part car length the "tuned" AFB and reworked advance would take over and be a winner! I recall looking in the mirror and not being able to see much of the start area! Well, unlike you racers today I made a mistake and launched too hard on a hot track. In the 60's they didn't use those special launch pavement areas and I had smoked the launch big time! Didn't win the class run that day!
Robert

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Pictures please Robert, I've never seen the 68. The GTX was on my wish list. I had the 62 D500.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Charlotte is over and enjoyed it. Car club events were everywhere, Camaro, Buick etc. many more. An interesting original 409/400 hp 63 for sale.
Great day and our two members did well in different classes and thus didnt miss my missing crew chief and I didnt have to compete against the ole master. I had a couple strong cars in my class and Tommy had a couple good ones also. There were several 62 Impalas down here but they were all set up with those hydraulic suspensions. Also a couple 63's and a 64.
Robert

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Charlotte is over and enjoyed it. Car club events were everywhere, Camaro, Buick etc. many more. An interesting original 409/400 hp 63 for sale.
Great day and our two members did well in different classes and thus didnt miss my missing crew chief and I didnt have to compete against the ole master. I had a couple strong cars in my class and Tommy had a couple good ones also. There were several 62 Impalas down here but they were all set up with those hydraulic suspensions. Also a couple 63's and a 64.
Robert
Congrats, But :pics

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:yup I was there about 3 years ago,wish i could get myself in gear and take my car there for the show.It was a big event the year i was there.