Check Out This '59

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
DSC_0277.JPG

http://www.superridesbyjordan.com/f21853336

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Agree with all of the above. That grille looks like a cheap afterthought. Like they were building this car for some big event and ran out of time.

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ruined it...Big wheels, air bags, looks like something that one of those cheesy TV shows does and claims they make windfall profits on...

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
It's on pages 42-46 of the Hot Rod magazine that came today.
Yup! The guys drives it too they claim. First time I had seen it. I actually like it a lot. I'm not much for customs but I'd rock it! But I'd never pay for it.

Agreed on the grill fathead. I think they could've done something more tasteful.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
View attachment 31894 I knew I have seen that car before. It's built on an SSR chassis. It's an El Camino
I knew I'd seen it somewhere, and it was in photos from one of the SEMA shows. It's a good way to show what a shop is capable of, but certainly not for everyone.

I'd also like to think, when mine's done, it would run circles around the modified SSR. And if I'm wrong, let me be delusional, it might be my only happy thought all day long :taunt

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
From the back, it looks pretty awesome.:clap Great looking paint, also.:clap That grille, has to go.:barf1I don't think, I'll ever get used to seeing , larger wheels, with skinny tires. Not on a Classic.:doh

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I knew I'd seen it somewhere, and it was in photos from one of the SEMA shows. It's a good way to show what a shop is capable of, but certainly not for everyone.

I'd also like to think, when mine's done, it would run circles around the modified SSR. And if I'm wrong, let me be delusional, it might be my only happy thought all day long :taunt
I have drove an SSR. Nice, but your EFI 409 is going to be able to smoke one of those and that's before the blower you have planned for later.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had a 2005 SSR, they're heavy, around 4800lb. The 2005/6 runs 13.90
Mike, if that drivetrain were swapped into a 59 it might be a tad quicker since it would be much lighter. The one above is probably somewhere around the same weight or more as the stock SSR since it is built around the truck.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mike, if that drivetrain were swapped into a 59 it might be a tad quicker since it would be much lighter. The one above is probably somewhere around the same weight or more as the stock SSR since it is built around the truck.

The SSR is a truck and has a heavy frame, but the real extra weight is in the convertible top mechanism. I think the top mechanism was around 700lbs by itself.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:haha
Surely it would fly with those wings:crazy
The SSR is a truck and has a heavy frame, but the real extra weight is in the convertible top mechanism. I think the top mechanism was around 700lbs by itself.
WOW......so they put an all aluminum engine in it to save weight......then put a top on it that weighs more than an all iron rat motor. Yep, that about makes sense with the way they do things today.