Chevy Numbers

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The RE 327 is a 63 date coded block C-22-3 and date coded heads D-11-3 (for both). I was gonna rebuild this engine before deciding to sell it, so I could try it out. Remember it was only a long block, so I don't have a lot of the original parts that went with it. But, I do have some vintage aftermarket stuff for use with it.
You may not have all the parts but you have the most important part, all the other parts can be found with date codes in the right range. There is only one part with that VIN on it and its the engine block that you have!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I seem to recall some guy with a 1963 Corvette looking for the original block, I thought he was in Missouri. Might have been on ChevyTalk. It was within the past year. Or maybe he had a block and was looking for the owner of the vehicle, I forgot already :).

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had a 4 bolt 67 Vette 435 block some years ago. My cop friend ran the VIN for me and it was registered up in Nor Calif. I was about to send him a letter saying I had the original block for his very, very expensive car but got cold feet, why? What if the car had been stolen in the past and he could demand it back as stolen property, I passed and just sold it locally.

63impaloligist

Well Known Member
I seem to recall some guy with a 1963 Corvette looking for the original block, I thought he was in Missouri. Might have been on ChevyTalk. It was within the past year. Or maybe he had a block and was looking for the owner of the vehicle, I forgot already :).
Funny thing is, I think I got the engine from Missouri.