Chevy Rumble Convention Coverage!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We just received our copies of the Feb/Mar 2005 Chevy Rumble. 41 pages out of 146 devoted to our 348 and 409 engines!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

Doug and Brad did a super job with the event coverage and feature articles!! Fatride's 60, John Ginn with his 62 bubbletop, Bill Horvath's 62 & 63 Belairs, Sam Mascia's 61 and a 58 Impala owned by Harold Dougherty. Plus an article on the 482 stroker motor we built for the Convention!! And a huge 12 page technical article on all different types of 348 and 409 parts!! This is a complete "collector" issue!!!

I was supposed to get 100 copies but only got 20. I'm checking to get some more for those of you who can't find it. The price on this issue is $5.99 plus it will take $2 to mail. So, if anyone wants any, drop me an email with you address. Let's just round off the number to $8 to make it easy!!

I now have the event stickers that Michael designed and I'll have something posted very shortly on those.

The DVD's and videos will be ready to mail on Feb.1 or 2.

Phil

Attachments

• chevyrumble1.jpg
    chevyrumble1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 185
  • chevyrumble2.jpg
    chevyrumble2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 200
  • chevyrumble3.jpg
    chevyrumble3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 241
  • chevyrumble4.jpg
    chevyrumble4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 207

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Rumble

Hello Phil. I'll take one of those extra copies if you still have any. I can't seem to find it around here. PM me with the address to send the money..

M

Mr.Jimmy

nice cover picture!!!

That must be a W motor 55 on the cover!!!

Hey Phil... that IS COOL !

I have to admit, I have mixed emotions about having that magazine here... but I KNOW, if I pass this up, I will regret it :doh

This magazine is basically not available at all anywhere within 100 miles of my property.... so.... Phil, I will send enough $$ for 3 copies. :help

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was right !!! :brow

Fatride,,, you lucky dog !!!! :cool:

That ol rat trap of a 60 of yours don`t deserve any thing but A BIG SPREAD IN A NATIONAL MAGAZINE !!!! :cheers :bow :clap

MAN,,, I can see the smile from here !!!!!! :D :D :D ,,,dq

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
15 minutes of fame.

All those beautiful cars there and Doug picks a driver! Go figure? Me thinks Doug has something for the 60 Chevys! :love Maybe the open bar has a little to do with this?? :? Thank you Doug, The tickets for Cancun are in the mail. :roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Cool :beerbang :beerbang :beerbang :clap Chevy Rumble always gets to my news stand about a week after it comes out. I can't wait to pickup a copy, or mayby two. Once I've got it I think I'll phone in for a subscription and tell them how much I liked the 348/409 coverage.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Great job Ray :clap I remember back in 1982 Doug did a article on 57 for Super Chevy and it was a great feeling :D

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
NICE I'm a sucker for set of baby moons, too. Great job Ray.
Now I want to see how fast she'll go.

Paul :brow

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Garbageman said:
NICE I'm a sucker for set of baby moons, too. Great job Ray.
Now I want to see how fast she'll go.

Paul :brow

NAWWWW,,,, No need for a fishbowl now !! You can just say,,,,"can`t race ya,,, They`re doing a spread on my car in Chevy Rumble " !!!!
:roll :roll

Rich64SS

Well Known Member
Congrats to everyone who got coverage in the mag. I just got my copy and am not getting any work done while I read it :doh
This is one mag that I'm not passing on to my buddies. THey can have all the Mopar and Ford stuff. The other one that I kept was the Impalapalooza issue.
Motivates me to get working on my car even more. :cool:

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

:clap 55-64s and 348-409s. What more can anyone ask for in a magazine :dunno Can't wait to get a copy! Congrats Ray! I touched up that photo you liked from the convention (got rid of the minivan :p ) and added it to my screen saver! NUT

p.s. If you noticed your radio not coming in too good lately, could be my fault :dunno :D

Attachments

• Fatrides60.JPG
    Fatrides60.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 105

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I`m hoping that CR included some of the less then perfect cars that were there also !
I`m sure Doug and the others at CR like these cars as we do but having to please the readers and limited space these are the first to be edited.

It`s always nice to see them as they never get any coverage in the mags but never the less they need to be seen and are deserving.

The convention had many of these cars like Arron`s 55 and a several others that would have been neat to see in a car mag ! Ok ,mine too,,, but thats not the point
After all ,,, these just aren`t the regular less then perfect or under-construction cars,,,,, these are "W" powered cars.

Even a small corner photo would be cool,,,

O Well,,, It is still going to be super cool to see this spread in Chevy Rumble and my hats off to those that are in it and to Doug Marion !! :clap

Dan Gerber

Hello Phil,

Do you have any Feb/Mar, 2005 Chevy Rumble issues left?

If not, can you, or someone else in this forum, provide me with the publisher's address, e-mail or whatever it takes to contact them to purchase an issue?

Thanks in advance,
Dan Gerber
Anaheim, CA

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dan, You can get Chevy Rumble at any Boarders Book Store.
They are everywhere,,, dq

Corrected post !!!!

The book store is Barnes and Noble,,,,,,,,

By the way,,, just got my copy and my opinion it is lame!!! :cuss
Yes it is good that it is in there ,,,BUT,,,,how many more 55-57 Chevys do we need to look at?

I would say they ,CR, could have used several more pages to show off our cars and convention full of cars that the general public never sees !!!

Not one picture of the cars lined up at the hotel or convention building lot !!!
It is nice to see coverage the individual cars, good going guys, Day Automotive, and the 409 info but a BIG lack of coverage of the other cars and event !!

They did a better job on the Year One Fall Show,,,vender/advertiser money there, and the Chevy Madness show !! :takethat

Those were full of all those cars you can see at any local cruise in any day of the week !! BS,,,,

Sorry Marion,,, but you missed the mark !! ,,,dq :mad:

bobs409

Administrator
I don't believe Doug has control over what appears in the magazines. (I may be wrong though) Maybe they are saving some of the pics for future issues?

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rumble

Hey guys, I've spoken to Doug and he has MUCH MORE convention/348-409 coverage coming. He reports to a publisher that demands "something for everyone" (like most do) and would do nothing but "W" coverage every month if he could keep his job doing such.

Makes me look forward to the upcoming issues! :clap

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
dq,the Barns and Noble in my area do not carry CR :( It must be up to the book store what the carry.I would at least call the one in your area :dunno

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I just found another source.Schuler Book's & Music carry them and they were just delivered today :)