Chevy Rumble Convention Coverage!!!

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm happy to see any coverage. They probably send a full camera crew to most of the bigger events but in this case there was just Doug. I also think that the best photo oportunity was missed when the drags got rained out. At least Chevy Rumble was there. I think the other magazines have forgotten that the "W" engine ever existed. My local magazine stand gets Chevy Rumble but it's not in yet. :cuss

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yeh,,, You are right about Doug ,,,, Sorry Doug !
but my point still stands,,,12, 55-6-7 Chevys in this issue,,,,,, They could have done 11 and used those pages on us,,,,point proven,,,,dq

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
CR Coverage

Hello again tribe, if I'm not mistaken, the "new" issue of CR was to be dedicated to tri-fives and our coverage sorta' stepped on their parade a bit. I'm sure they don't mind too much (right, Adam) ;)

Doug just wants to make an effort to put as much ink forward on "W" stuff as he can and still please the masses. He knew that we would be anxious, watch for more coverage!

Take care one and all :hug

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
May I speak?

I do post a bit of advice in the 348/409 engine section. In the feature article (of which I am very proud) It say's that the machine shop rebuilt my engine. I respectfully submit that the machine shop did the machining on my engine. I did the rebuild on my 409 engine from the carbs to the pan.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
JIMS409 said:
Hello again tribe, if I'm not mistaken, the "new" issue of CR was to be dedicated to tri-fives and our coverage sorta' stepped on their parade a bit. I'm sure they don't mind too much (right, Adam) ;)

Doug just wants to make an effort to put as much ink forward on "W" stuff as he can and still please the masses. He knew that we would be anxious, watch for more coverage!

Take care one and all :hug

Sure Jim,,,, spoil my fun,,,, :brow

I see your beautiful mug on page 94 !!! :D

Yeh,,, OK,,, so I just wanted to see a big spread with all our mugs !!!

Open mouth insert foot :eek:

Upon further thinking today,,,,,,, A magazine sells to the majority,,,,

As much as we love our cars and engines,,,,, we are a minority,,, :cry

BUT,,, WE ARE A LEGEND and legends deserve coverage,,,did I just go back to square one,,,,

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OK,,,, Ok,,,, Now I have to do the back peddling,,, Doug,, I`m SORRY,,,SORRY SORRY,,,
I just got to read Chevy Rumble today and realized why so many tri-fives were in there. Happy birthday !!!

Ok,,, I`m going now,,,,,,,BUT,,One more thing,,,

That BIG motorhome that is parked in front of The Ghost on page 88,,,,
Phil made it my job to get it moved and they were stubborn to say the least !!

Whell (thats well and hell together),,,,,,,IF IT WERE MOVED YOU COULD HAVE SEEN MY CAR IN THAT PICTURE !!!! ARRRRHHHHH :cuss

Next convention I`m bringing a tow truck !! AND parking next to RAY !! :doh

Hey DQ... at least you were THERE ( and everybody else who was there, KNOWS THAT :cool: ) :bow

Me ? I have to read about it... and listen to you guys :cry

However... at least I found a sourse for the magazine ! Actually, my daughter, who is living 360 KM away in Edmonton, found it in a book store. She's going to pick up a couple copies for me :deal :brow

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don`t worry OZ,,, I got it figured out !!

You sell me the car for a week and we smuggle you out in a fuel cell !! :eek:

NO REALLY,,,,,,, Why not???

Or you can walk over ,,,,,

There are ways,,,,, Just ask Mr. S !!!

We have a good year to figure it out !!

Shoot if the mexicans can do it,,, two white guys should be able to pull it off !!:roll

dq409 said:
I got it figured out !!

You sell me the car for a week and we smuggle you out in a fuel cell !! :eek:

NO REALLY,,,,,,, Why not???

Or you can walk over ,,,,,

There are ways,,,,, Just ask Mr. S !!!

We have a good year to figure it out !!

Shoot if the mexicans can do it,,, two white guys should be able to pull it off !!:roll

Trouble is, DQ, that this doesn't correct the problem of having missed the "Innaugral 348-409 Convention" :dunno .
First time is always the most memorable :love

Oh well, before too long here, I'll be working on a "big package" which should help compensate for not being there ;)

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
dq409 said:
OK,,,, Ok,,,, Now I have to do the back peddling,,, Doug,, I`m SORRY,,,SORRY SORRY,,,
I just got to read Chevy Rumble today and realized why so many tri-fives were in there. Happy birthday !!!

I`m just sitting here this morning eating my crow breakfast !! BIG TIME !!heee heee

I owe a BIG apology to Doug Marion. Please, please forgive me !!

I just read the articles last night that Doug wrote on the Convention, the cars, people that were there, the engine build up and this is the conclusion I came to.

Doug`s knowledge of our cars and engines and his unique ability to transfer this knowledge to words made that coverage seem like it was the whole issue !

Doug seemed to somehow inject the magic that was in the air into his words and bring back those great feelings that had us all walking on air !

I believe that this also could be felt by the people that missed being there or are just reading the articles.

Writers write but Doug is a magician !! He had me mesmerized through all of the articles and in my opinion did more for the convention and our cars in just those pages of Chevy Rumble then anything I have read to date!!

I can`t wait to see the follow ups

My humble? hat is off to Doug and Chevy Rumble,,,,,

Please accept my heartfelt apology,,, dq

TomO

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I finally purchased a copy of Chevy Rumble. I can tell you that I am very pleased with the coverage. I was only able to attend on Friday. I guess missed alot of the cars that were in the articles/Day Automotive and so on. The coverage helped fill in the stuff that I missed!!!! Look foreward to more coverage in upcomming months.

Hats off to Chevy Rumble!!!!!! :clap

TomO

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I just got my copy. There's a picture of my car in there just like Bob said. :D I haven't had time to read it yet but It I have read a few captions. Did you see the engine specs. on the "Code Red" car... 1,100HP and it'll rev to 9,400RPM :eek:

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Chevy Rumble

Hey Phil
Still trying to get you thru email. :help
Any copies of CR left and a DVD??? :cry
Let me know..............thanx
bj

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Dvd

OK Phil.......I just picked up a Chevy Rumble. :D

over $10. way up here.........now I just need a DVD from you

bj

truck409

Supporting Member 1
Hey Phil,don't forget the guys here in Alaska,I would like the DVD,are there any left and how much money for the DVD and postage to get it to Delta Junction? Thanks P.D.Petty :brow

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dvd

truck409,for a quicker responce e-mail Phil for your DVD :)
Are 409's hard to find and are they expensive in Alaska :dunno [

email]philreed@sound.net[/email]

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I just got the April issue of Chevy Rumble. There is more convention coverage and several pages of pictures.
Ron

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
DVD's and CHEVY RUMBLE!!!!

Paul............yes we have all kinds of DVD's and VHS tapes!!! In fact, I pick up another batch tomorrow or Friday. They are $39.95 for either plus $7.95 S&H Priority Mail. And yes, they can go to Alaska!!!! I'm sending you a PM about that. We are coming back up there this summer on the Harley's!!!!!!!! :clap :clap

I just received a call from Buckaroo Communications this morning..........they finally found me some extra copies of the Feb/Mar issue!!!! I'm getting 50 more copies in about a week. So if anyone needs a copy or extras, let me know. I have about 20 to sell. They are $6 plus $2 for mail. I can't believe it's taken this long to get more!!!! But at least we are getting them.

If anyone wants a DVD or tape, just drop me an email with your complete address.

Thanks.