Chevy Vettefest

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Last weeks Old Cars issue had an interesting front cover article on the Vettefest and made mention of a 1969 L-88 packed away for 30 years.. Heh... There is a 67 L-88 that has been packed away longer than that near here. (Cecil this car is very near where you visited Lloyd's Pontiac collection. Lloyd doesn't own it)
He is planning on selling the car so it will be interesting to see what it will bring but he wants it to stay local. Maybe if everyone contributes to my fund I can buy it and keep it local:D :D
Robert

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Last weeks Old Cars issue had an interesting front cover article on the Vettefest and made mention of a 1969 L-88 packed away for 30 years.. Heh... There is a 67 L-88 that has been packed away longer than that near here. (Cecil this car is very near where you visited Lloyd's Pontiac collection. Lloyd doesn't own it)
He is planning on selling the car so it will be interesting to see what it will bring but he wants it to stay local. Maybe if everyone contributes to my fund I can buy it and keep it local:D :D
Robert

Keep us posted on that Robert. I sold my last L88 part last year. I had a 67 L88 intake manifold that came on the 67 L88 shortblock that was in my 66 L72 Corvette. It will probably set a new record for Corvette sales. Way out of my league.:cool:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Interesting!

Wow, that's a rare vehicle. If that 1967 Corvette does in fact carry an original L88 427/430 horse engine, then it is one of 20 made that year. It's price tag will have six or more digits in it.

A super documented very low miles '67 L88 did not convey at $675,000 a few years back. If you can get it for less than 100K you should call all your friends, mortgage your house, sell the farm, whatever it takes to raise the cash needed :).

Enjoy!
TomK

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Wow, that's a rare vehicle. If that 1967 Corvette does in fact carry an original L88 427/430 horse engine, then it is one of 20 made that year. It's price tag will have six or more digits in it.

A super documented very low miles '67 L88 did not convey at $675,000 a few years back. If you can get it for less than 100K you should call all your friends, mortgage your house, sell the farm, whatever it takes to raise the cash needed :).

Enjoy!
TomK

Tom: The owner bought it locally at the local dealer that sold allot of Hi Po stuff in the 60's. He has lived here most of his life. The car was stored with another friend of mine's 63 S/S 409/425 with 32,000 miles(unreal RED car that was purchased at the same dealership). It is now stored 25 miles from me near where Cecil visited. The guy who owns it has moved to Denis's area in Fla. to help run the family business. I can't even remember the last time it was started.!!!!!!!!
Most people around here have forgotten about the car and assumed he had taken it to Fla. when they moved in the 80's. A guy near here just sold a 67 425 hp convertible that he owned since new( bought from the same dealership) is very seriously thinking about buying it and will keep it local. another friend(the one with the Pontiacs) also is considering it so it will get interesting this spring!!
Robert