Cheyenne Wyoming Western Division AACA National Show

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Anyone planning to attend besides Tom Nolen and myself. It is Sat September 3rd. It will be a three day tow out there from the far east coast and will have to go through some scenic areas, any suggestions except Tom's new shop and showroom in Columbia.
Robert
ps how rough is I-80 vs I-70?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think I-80 is better than 1-70. We drive I-80 to Michigan 2-3 times a year.
I was just on I-29 to I-70 to Bowling Green--- via I-29 through Omaha/Council Bluffs and around Kansas City towing my enclosed trailer/with my 62 SS 409 Hardtop -it was easy except for St Louis traffic.

I-80 in Iowa, Illinois and in Nebraska are smooth roads

Less traffic west of St Louis(Tom's area I-70 ) and West of Omaha, Nebraska on I-80. Medium to low traffic in Western Illinois and across Iowa.
I-90 through the Black Hills, Mt Rushmore/Black Hills is something to see but its a fair amount north of Cheyenne.

I am 75 miles north off I-80 -from Omaha/Council Bluffs, Iowa --I am right off I-29 only 7 blocks Next to Sioux City, Iowa.

If you want to see 2 -62 impala SS 409 frame off Convertibles being assembled at the same time (one red/red and one blue/blue) -they are 20-30 % together now with motors in the cars.
I have a 2000 SF garage similar to Tom except all one level, with 4 - 62's and a 57 Hardtop.

Paul

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Paul thanks for the road report I have been trying to find that information from trucking sources also. I have just traveled I-70 a couple of times to Boulder, CO and 70 in parts of Illinois and Indiana are killers on my F350 sometimes it felt like it was in the air! Kansas and Colorado were ok.
Have decided to go out the familiar I-70 to Kansas City then I-29 up to 80 hoping the rough areas have been scarified in the last few weeks or that the trailer will help keep the truck on the ground. Stopping At Dayton Ohio and at the Kansas Speedway. I like being near the Air Force museum!
Tommy will probably be going up to I-80 then over as he will be a day ahead of me as he wants to go through Mt Rushmore. I never liked that area south of Chicago but maybe just a phobia?
I have enjoyed the Mt Rushmore area but will be returning from the Cheyenne show after a stop in Vail and Boulder.
Robert

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
You are right about I-80 through Chicago (4 lanes and lots of trucks usually). We always have to go through there before 3 PM or in the morning to avoid traffic.
We were just at Mt Rushmore about a month ago with our grand kids. I had not been there in 30+ years and we are only 8 hrs from the Black Hills.
Paul

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Robert:

Now that I have a date I'm gonna protect that so you can jump off I-70 for about 2 miles and visit my project(s).

In fact we're putting siding on her as we speak :). Long way to go, but you'll get the picture. Have a sample of light fixtures you can weigh in on :).

Cheers!
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Robert:

Now that I have a date I'm gonna protect that so you can jump off I-70 for about 2 miles and visit my project(s).

In fact we're putting siding on her as we speak :). Long way to go, but you'll get the picture. Have a sample of light fixtures you can weigh in on :).

Cheers!
TomK
Tom...............be sure to mention "lumens" to Robert!!!!!! He grubs that up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Robert:

Cheers!
TomK

Tom Looks like going through Columbia on Wednesday in late afternoon? yes, I still am wrestling with lights at my place
Robert

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Wednesday afternoon looks good for me. Since you're hauling it might be best to just come to my house first, you can park easily in the circle drive. I'm maybe 2 miles from I-70.

We can zip over to the Manshed from there. Might have to ride shotgun in the '63 SWC :).

Tom
1275 Sunset Drive
Columbia, MO 65203

P.S. Can you PM your preferred cell number when you get the chance?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom thanks for your hospitality at my visit. Nice showroom/shop! Glad the only thing I have going is river view and animals roaming. deer turkeys foxes
Was not the only 62 in Wyoming show but was the only 409. Lots of admirers though
I am in Boulder at Kelli's and might do the Goodguys big show in Longmont next weekend before heading East
Robert

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Robert:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Dang, I forgot to take a pic of us in front of the Manshed!

Glad to hear that the Cheyenne event went well, have fun with the rest of your trek :).

Cheers!
Tom

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I thought of a photo op but forgot when we went to the SWC garage!!