Chicken Shit Canadians?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I agree.
I am sorry I allowed my self to get excited over a comment made by some one who does not know me.
I should not have taken it personally.
You weren't wrong to take it personally, the post was directed at you personally. Your response was also well tempered. I was taking aim in general. This isn't the place for bad mouthing any member. This whole thread is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think most of us that served in the military whether it be during armed conflict or peace time tend to have a lot of pride in our country. It is easy for us to be offended, especially by what seems to be blatant hatred towards our country from half the people here in the US. Sometimes I wish I had never served to defend these scumbags. I cannot imagine doing it today unless someone invaded our country. Then I fight two fronts, the enemy and the left with the same desire to eliminate. I believe both sides could have said things better, however it is easy to misunderstand others in print. Both sides should apologize and then we can all get back to fighting the real scumbags, and that is the left.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
917 or 914?
The question is which color. the original code on the cowl plate is 917. The dash, underside of the hood, the underside of the trunk, and the inside of the doors is 914. So is most of the firewall. It would save me a lot of money to paint the rest 914.
Opinions please.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think Don is right the jambs and firewall look to be paint code 914 - same as my 62 SS Hardtop
I post pictures of my car for comparison.
Paul

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I think most of us that served in the military whether it be during armed conflict or peace time tend to have a lot of pride in our country. It is easy for us to be offended, especially by what seems to be blatant hatred towards our country from half the people here in the US. Sometimes I wish I had never served to defend these scumbags. I cannot imagine doing it today unless someone invaded our country. Then I fight two fronts, the enemy and the left with the same desire to eliminate. I believe both sides could have said things better, however it is easy to misunderstand others in print. Both sides should apologize and then we can all get back to fighting the real scumbags, and that is the left.
Frankly, running around a foreign airport waving an American flag in today's world would pretty much label you a freaking retard, that is unless you were open carrying an AR15 or the like. I'm as proud as anyone to to be American. As a matter of fact I'm a patriot.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Overall I had a good experience in most European countries. Yes there were occasional problems. I have had older Germans spit at the ground by my feet, however none were any worse than the attitudes I faced from my own countrymen in some states outside Ca. Some people just hate all Californians period, and like to let you know. Of the so called bad experiences I have faced in Europe, hands down it was the French. I have also seen some of the soldiers I served with cause some of this hatred though. So where does it begin, and end :dunno2 When I travel, I don't go out of my way to tell people where I am from, however I don't hide it either. It doesn't matter anyway, 99% of the time, they know where you are from.

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
That is a great color on pvs409. I think my car has a similar shade, but I did not see the actual can that it came from.
I wonder if they can match the color like they do at Home Depot. That would be cool!

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
The plan is to take it to the body shop in March. I am going to have them take off the stainless trim around the front and back windshields.
I assume the glass in the doors will need to be removed for paint. I plan on doing that before I take it to the shop. The seats and door panels as well as the panels in the back seat will also be removed. What else needs to go?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Be sure to clean out the ashtray and glove box!!!!!!!!!
Air up each tire to 44psi and the spare to 28psi.
Turn the radio to an oldies station.
That should give you a great start!!!!!!
Beer........don't forget the beer!!!!!!

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
The plan is to take it to the body shop in March. I am going to have them take off the stainless trim around the front and back windshields.
I assume the glass in the doors will need to be removed for paint. I plan on doing that before I take it to the shop. The seats and door panels as well as the panels in the back seat will also be removed. What else needs to go?

The more you take off, the easier it is for them to sand and paint. The more you take off, the more you have to put back on. What and how much is up to you. When I have paint word done, I take off everything that I can, and ask them to do those parts that require additional work to remove that I don't care to get into. Also, consider being very gentle, because some trim clips might fight you and break. When that happens, you have to find replacements, and that might not be easy to find. Photograph, and bag 'n tag everything. Have lots of plastic bags, marker pens, and masking tape. Whenever possible tape the screws, clips, etc. to the removed part. Be especially careful with emblems, because they break easily and are expensive to find replacements.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My paint codes for my 62 Impala SS convertible (same as my 62 Impala SS Hardtop)
Dupont Chroma Premier (F)
# 717823F
Chroma Primier BC
code 914 (1962 Nassau Blue)

My SS 409 Hardtop and SS 409 convertible pictures attached.
I have better pictures of my SS 409 convertible have to download them correctly to my computerRON_0938.JPGRON_0952.JPGIMG_0007-003.JPG

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Thank you for the codes and sharing the experience.
I will be taking out the glass every where but the windshield and back glass. I will leave that for the shop. I have not had good luck on previous projects with the clips. Luckily all of the emblems, and most of the other pieces are in a box, having been removed by the previous owner.
I am sure I will be looking for the clips and other fasteners, etc.. when it is done at the shop. But that will be in the late Spring.
I know I will be looking for an AM radio. There is an FM reproduction radio in it now.
Is any one interested in an FM for AM swap?

Don Carvill

Well Known Member
Your 62 is definitely a good looking car.
I think the paint on mine may be a darker shade. I will go with the code and part number you have supplied.
As far as the oldies station, I live too far from the station to get good reception. The oldies are definitely going to be played, but it will come from an I pod. That is part of the experience.
It is probably blasphemous, but I will be deleting the antenna. I like the clean look.
I will have an original AM radio in the dash, but there will be no permanent speakers.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you don’t know your body shop well, you may want to be there when they remove the trim and make sure they save the clips. Take pics of their positions and mark them to get them back in the right spot. Unless you are experienced at this and don’t need to do this or have a very good body shop.