Chicken Shit Canadians?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There was a comment on here in another post about Chicken shit Canadians, I feel I have to respond.

We are there when needed but not self promoters, not everything you hear in the news/internet or a Hollywood movie is true, there is more to life than what you see there.

In WW2, in the little province I am from, 49% plus of all males participated in the war between 1939-1945. When you consider the age of all males, that’s impressive?

100% of my uncles were active in the war, my Dad didn’t qualify medically for military, so at age 19 he joined the merchant navy in 1939, stayed on a tanker until 1945. He ran in convoys from Venezuela to Halifax and then to Europe for the whole war, supplying fuel all along the US east coast. He ran away from home to join and never made it back home until after the war, his mother died of cancer while he was away.

There is an old black and white news type movie about a convoy early in the war, it was before the convoys had a lot of protection. 4 or 5 U Boats surfaced in the middle of the convoy at night and sunk about one third of the ships. My Dad was in that convoy and saw several tankers blow up and crews die in the water set ablaze for the sinking tankers. He almost never talked about the war.

When the British came up with the idea of a small highly trained fighting force, what became the Devil’s Brigade/the Black Devils, they passed the idea on to the Allies, and it got ultimately set up in Montana by the US and Canada. The initial makeup of the force was 50/50 Canadians and the US. During the war the 1,800-man unit accounted for some 12,000 German casualties, captured some 7,000 prisoners, and sustained an attrition rate, wounded or died, of over 600%.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Special_Service_Force
1st_Special_Service_Force.patch.jpg

They were the forerunner of current elite fighting units in many countries. Canada’s unit continues to operate at a high level, their sniper unit has 3 of the top 5 verified long range kills including the current record of 3,871 yards in Iraq in 2017.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

Did you know that 40% of US oil imports come from Canada? We have always been each other's largest trading partners as well.

Considering our population is about 10% of that of the US, I think we’ve held up our end fairly well when really needed.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I would like to see that post. I missed it somehow. If I would have seen it I would have responded. My father and grandfather were both born in Canada. I spent many summers in Fort Erie growing up. My father participated in the war as a paratrooper in the US Army. I can tell you my father was no "chicken shit". Like any country Canada has its good patriotic citizens as well as haters of their own country, sound familiar? Yes just like the United States. Chicken Shits have no borders. So I guess whomever posted that Canadians are Chicken Shit is pointing his finger at me too.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I only shoot short range to 300 Robert, but thanks. There are quite a few Canadian shooters at the events I attend. They're all good guys and well liked, especially after the match when the community bottles come out.

Canada has always stood with us. Has been a great trading partner and supported us militarily. You can also add New Zealand and the Aussies to the military support.

I will say after many fishing trips in Canada that Ontario folks don't seem as friendly as the folks in Manitoba. The Visit Friendly Manitoba motto seems to be true. But then again, maybe the visitors from the states caused my perception of Ontario. I sure have had some great fly in trips up there.

Last edited:

El Rat

Well Known Member
The canooks party hearty. Their girls / women can drink most under the table...but not Texans, just sayin.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The canooks party hearty. Their girls / women can drink most under the table...but not Texans, just sayin.
That reminds of a few years ago when we bought this house in Maricopa Arizona. It had been repossessed and one window was broken when the bank had to get in and take it. Anyway we had a glass repair guy come to fix it. He asked "Are you from Canada?" "No, from Montana". He asked" Did you bring other Montana people with You". "No, just my wife and I, why?" He said " When the Canadian people move here, they bring more Canadians, they like to party, they break windows, It keeps me in business? :roll

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The ony issue I have ever had with Canada is the country refusing to send back criminals that were facing the death penalty. I guess if they want to keep them though :dunno

55Brodie

Well Known Member
In the mid-nineties I lived in Cleveland. One weekend we and our friends drove up to Toronto to see a matinee performance of the Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages theater. It was a great performance and afterwards we walked a few blocks for an early dinner before heading home. Upon leaving the restaurant we got to witness a local citizen dropping a deuce right on the sidewalk. I never saw that before or since, however I hear that practice is now all the rage in California.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seems like much ado over nothing.

I have to agree. The thread was dumb to begin with and I'm not really sure what the "chicken shit" comment was about, they have a lot of chickens or their resolve.

I've never had an issue with Canadians, well just one thief that I know of. Frenchies can be a little high strung:dunno

Cayneman

Well Known Member
Not trying to start a USA/ Canadian thing but had a Canadian neighbor whose in the US on a green card that constantly bad mouths the USA and our President. She and any other Canadians that feel the way she does needs to go back to where they came from. They are what I'd call Chicken Shit Canadians.

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Not trying to start a USA/ Canadian thing but had a Canadian neighbor whose in the US on a green card that constantly bad mouths the USA and our President. She and any other Canadians that feel the way she does needs to go back to where they came from. They are what I'd call Chicken Shit Canadians.
That would make half of the United States chicken shit Americans.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Upon leaving the restaurant we got to witness a local citizen dropping a deuce right on the sidewalk. I never saw that before or since, however I hear that practice is now all the rage in California.

See Don, they got a us both. :doh The sad thing is that some "not all" is warranted. We are never going to convince anyone of anything about all or part of something :wacko Kinda like some southern and eastern states marrying their sisters and brothers. I have heard that once you go family, you will never go back :dunno

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

I have a friend who grew up in Berlin long before the wall came down. He moved here when he was 18 or so. He loves it here and will die here, but he has always stated he doesn't want to be a U.S. citizen.