Chicken Shit Canadians?

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
When I used to write and send out the newsletter for the 409 Chevy Club of America, I had probably 20 or so Canadian members. They were great! Several of them over the years came down here on vacations and looked us up. We went to dinner with them, lit off a 409 or two, one family even camped out here in their motorhome. He went to the Pic-a Part yard and got several sets of 041 and 461 small block heads, they went for $300.00 a set up there even back then.I never had a bad thing to say about our Canadian friends the whole time I wrote that newsletter.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I sold a 409 low mileage 409 firetruck to a Canadian. Could not ask for a nicer guy. Paid for storage though the winter up front in full, sent payments at $1000.00 each ,basically almost had it paid for by the time he flew in to pick it up. I sent him pictures and VIN numbers .
Paidd for my gas we had to drive about two hours one way all in one day to get a title made up because the local yokels give us the fricken runaround. They said to get a title be about a week in mail turn around. They suggested we could drive there and walk out of there with title. He said he did want to do wait a week but wanted to leave that evening back to Canada. He paid all gas ,title work and temporary permit . He wanted everything legit on paperwork so he would have no trouble crossing , and he did not. We communicated several times after he got home and told me about his journey home. He was really proud of that truck .

Last edited:

425/409ER

Well Known Member
There was a comment on here in another post about Chicken shit Canadians, I feel I have to respond.

We are there when needed but not self promoters, not everything you hear in the news/internet or a Hollywood movie is true, there is more to life than what you see there.

In WW2, in the little province I am from, 49% plus of all males participated in the war between 1939-1945. When you consider the age of all males, that’s impressive?

100% of my uncles were active in the war, my Dad didn’t qualify medically for military, so at age 19 he joined the merchant navy in 1939, stayed on a tanker until 1945. He ran in convoys from Venezuela to Halifax and then to Europe for the whole war, supplying fuel all along the US east coast. He ran away from home to join and never made it back home until after the war, his mother died of cancer while he was away.

There is an old black and white news type movie about a convoy early in the war, it was before the convoys had a lot of protection. 4 or 5 U Boats surfaced in the middle of the convoy at night and sunk about one third of the ships. My Dad was in that convoy and saw several tankers blow up and crews die in the water set ablaze for the sinking tankers. He almost never talked about the war.

When the British came up with the idea of a small highly trained fighting force, what became the Devil’s Brigade/the Black Devils, they passed the idea on to the Allies, and it got ultimately set up in Montana by the US and Canada. The initial makeup of the force was 50/50 Canadians and the US. During the war the 1,800-man unit accounted for some 12,000 German casualties, captured some 7,000 prisoners, and sustained an attrition rate, wounded or died, of over 600%.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Special_Service_Force
1st_Special_Service_Force.patch.jpg

They were the forerunner of current elite fighting units in many countries. Canada’s unit continues to operate at a high level, their sniper unit has 3 of the top 5 verified long range kills including the current record of 3,871 yards in Iraq in 2017.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_recorded_sniper_kills

Did you know that 40% of US oil imports come from Canada? We have always been each other's largest trading partners as well.

Considering our population is about 10% of that of the US, I think we’ve held up our end fairly well when really needed.

Since I think you are referring to my post you may have taken it the wrong way, so let me clarify my post. Chicken shit AKA> stuff that real chickens make and actually run in a car. I hope this clears things up for you. I was not trying to pick on Canadians, hell I am actually French Canadian. Oh, and I apologize to you if you thought different. Have a good day.

Last edited:

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
[QUOTE="425/409ER, post: I am actually French Canadian.[/QUOTE]

Is it too early to start picking on the French :pray I promise to be semi considerate. I will even start by telling you how much I love their fries and yellow mustard :brow

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Since I think you are referring to my post you may have taken it the wrong way, so let me clarify my post. Chicken shit AKA> stuff that real chickens make and actually run in a car. I hope this clears things up for you. I was not trying to pick on Canadians, hell I am actually French Canadian. Oh, and I apologize to you if you thought different. Have a good day.
Thank you, I obviously thought different and never heard of chicken shit fuel. We have lots of people up here that are full of shit, maybe an untapped resource.
I appreciate all the support for my mistaken impression.

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
With all the comraderie and many countries represented on here it’s good to see clarification. Hard to get the right context sometimes. I enjoy it here and I poke fun at myself EH!! Don we need to catch up over coffee!

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Saw a story on tv the other night where a dairy in California takes their manure and put in an enclosure/pond with a sealed roof. The methane produced has been used to make electricity for 15 years for their operation and they’re now experimenting with (think it was) BMW for use in cars.

Fuzz

MAGA

Cayneman

Well Known Member
At the European Nato Conference, Canadian PM (Black Face Impersonator) Trudeau mocks President Trump after Trump chastised Canada for not contributing their fair share to NATO which is 2% of a nations GDP. Trumps response was calling Trudeau "two faced and I'm out of here " before leaving the conference. About time all Americans stand up for our President. BTW the US has been paying NATO 4.3% of our GDP.
Looks as if Trudeau is the Chicken Shit Canadian who doesn't want to pay their NATO fair share.

Last edited:

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Phil, I’m sure your love has nothing to do with the greenbacks in your pocket? I do appreciate all the nice parts supplied