Ciadella Int.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Just finished with my 63 Interior from Ciadella Int. what a great product .I purchased the front and rear seats along with new foam and a carpet kit. Foam was drop shipped from PUI and fit like a glove came with the skirt attached so it was super easy to attach ,carpet was also drop shipped from ACC it fit very well after letting it sit for a few days on the floor and a little heat molded it self to the floor board. Seat covers went on like a dream, first time I ever done this extreme to the interior have a couple wrinkles to work out but I think they turned out great hopefully when the sunny days and some warmth comes back to this frozen tundra the wrinkles will disapere.

Attachments

• completed seat.jpg
    completed seat.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 137

Junky

Well Known Member
Wrinkles will usually work themselves out, with letting the car sit in the sun with the windows up. The heat will soften the vinyl, and allow everything to relax. Your seats look exceptional. I have replacement covers and seat buns for my 1962 Corvair Monza, but have yet to try to put them on. I am torn between trying it myself, or paying the upholstery shop to do it. Any tips to do it myself are appreciated.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I put on 2 layers of burlap then the foam and a layer of cotton /poly stuff from Hobby Lobby , warm up the covers and go to town. Stat in the middle and work some each way. I went and bought some good hog ring pliers and a big box of rings. Allso need listing wire some guys use coat hangers , I bought some wire from home depot that is used for hanging suspended ceilings worked great. Bench seats are a breeze the buckets are a little more challenging but not bad . Patience is the key

stgbrook

Hey Kaycee appreciate the post. I just joined the forum. I have a '63 SS and want to change out the entire interior and couldn't make up my mind between Ciadella or Cars Inc. Looks like you are happy with the Ciadella product so may go that route. I need the foam for the buckets also and see you done the same. My bottoms are shot out but figure might as well do the tops also. Any other hints would be appreciated.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I grabbed the seat foam from PUI it was cheaper at the time, burlap and some synthetic cotton filler from hobby lobby and set of good snap ring pliers and a box of staples ,don't get the cheap pliers they are a PITA.I had an old seat I stole some springs off of to repair on mine. Take your time and dont' force it if you don't have any patience then don't attempt it. Get your covers good and warm they work awesome ,go on you tube and watch a couple videos on it gives you a general idea on what to expect and what to look for. I was sweating it at first but after awhile it was like easy peasy. And there is a differance it seat covers pass side / drvs side they are marked but not with a D for DRVS or P for Pass just need to figure out which is marked for them.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Completed seat's, there is some tucking and hiding of some loose ends but that you may have to brain storm on but nothing major. Just make sure you have them centered when you go to snapring your inner seat spine to the listing rod. Oh yeah listing rod I went to home depot and bot a roll of wire that is used for hanging drop ceilings down it was like $10 and I think I have enough to do 38 more cars lol. I am not much on patience but really didn't mind this at all, I even called Ciadella a couple times and asked them ??? they were helpful in there answers, =the seat covers drvs versus pass side . You will end up with a few wrinkles here and there but a few days in the sun will take them out

Attachments

• completed seat.jpg
    completed seat.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 25

stgbrook

Really appreciate the advice. I'll car Ciadella Monday and put the order in.. I'll dig up good snap ring pliers this weekend, how long were the hog rings that you used. I see three different lengths.
Thanks again.

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Kaycee appreciate the post. I just joined the forum. I have a '63 SS and want to change out the entire interior and couldn't make up my mind between Ciadella or Cars Inc. Looks like you are happy with the Ciadella product so may go that route. I need the foam for the buckets also and see you done the same. My bottoms are shot out but figure might as well do the tops also. Any other hints would be appreciated.

What color is the interior you are replacing,the reason i am asking i have been looking for a red interior with some patina for a project i am working on.

stgbrook

Taken out saddle interior. The guy I bought it from said it was that way when he bought the car. Someone along the line liked the saddle with the ember red I guess. The killer is the saddle interior is in nice condition but I can't get used to it. Going back with black..

Junky

Well Known Member
Dye it with SEM vinyl dye. Not difficult, just takes some time for preparation for spraying. I have done them many times, and the color bonds perfectly, and doesn't rub off. Might cost you about $150 in materials, and a days time to remove for spraying. Last summer, I changed a green dash to black in a couple of hours, which included removal and spraying. Looks perfect!

Kaycee

Well Known Member
No size on box it just says medium seat cushion

Attachments

• Hog rings.jpg
    Hog rings.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 25

Cayneman

Well Known Member
Read the recent 348-409 posts by Junky regarding the poor quality and lack of customer support from Ciadella. Used a complete Cars Inc interior on my 63 Impala that fit perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_0645-3.JPG
    IMG_0645-3.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 21

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I grabbed the seat foam from PUI it was cheaper at the time, burlap and some synthetic cotton filler

I need some seat foam for 63 buckets and i wouldn't think there are that many suppliers so who would be a vender to get the correct ones from?My reason for concern is the last set i had done which was about 20 years ago have never been right and i had them reworked by a experiance shop they helped but they are and always have been to puffy every time i look at them i notice that..I bought the foam and covers from a well know Impala vender the covers are ok but not the foam.