Ciadella or CARS???

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
I bought a complete interior from Ciadella for my red 62 Belair Spt. Cpe. back in 1998 thinking that I'd be ahead of the game when I was ready to do the car. Now it's 2021 and I'm finally getting to the car closer to completion. So I get my 1998 interior out and that I've had carefully stored away and find out that the colored badging is all wrong. I thought it was a little off when I'd check it out now and then but didn't realize that it was really off. The door panels do not have any color, just the rectangle badges.
I've called Ciadella and they claim that they did not make that interior that it was turned over to CARS inc. at that time. Sounds like it was a mixed up mess for Ciadella back then. I've contacted CARS and they said that Ciadella was still making those interiors in July of 1998.
At this point I'm probably going to have to buy new seat covers and then have a pin striper do the badging on the door panels.
Can't blame Ciadella for not wanting to warranty this after 23 years even though I know that it was all Ciadella material.
I should've been more on the ball and not have let this happen. I kinda remember seeing some of these incorrect badging on some of the Belairs back in the late nineties that I thought was made by CARS.
I have two other Ciadella interior in my other cars and they are perfect.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210623_100858.jpg
    20210623_100858.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210704_194416.jpg
    20210704_194416.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 70

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
Look at the pictures and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm just reaching to see if anyone else had a situation like this in the past. Not looking for a warranty just some answers from either CARS or Ciadella why they did the coloring that way and nothing on the door panels.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
To my knowledge the small colored rectangles never matched the originals during that time frame.
in fact some early reproduction Belair interiors reproduced did not even have the rectangles.
I have pictures of my friends 62 red interior Belair hardtop interior without the rectangles.

that is why I saved the original Belair colored metal pieces off original door panels. I specifically remember guys gluing them to original reproduction interior door panels.
there have been a few improvements to new reproduction interiors by Cars inc and Ciadella over the last 30 years. One recent example is Ciadella first ( and Cars next) has changed all 62 63 impala interiors with chrome buttons to the factory size- for many many years repruction interiors came with “larger“ chrome buttons( I bought those type of new interors).

Some other interior sellers sell Impala door panels now without buttons
- which is stupid ( I have seen restored 62/63 Impalas on a number of cars without the chrome buttons on new original style interiors.

Cars or Ciadella never sold 62 & 63 Impala interiors without chrome buttons.

reproduction Belair interiors from that time frame ( 1998 - even into the early 2000’s ) did not match or have the correct metal rectangles matching the originals on the door panels …..

I restored 2 - 62’s from that time frame with new Cars Impala interiors and — I helped one friend restore his 62 Belair hardtop in the 1990s and another friend acquire and eventually sell his red interior 62 Belair bubble top( with the interior missing the colored rectangles) and having glued metal originals on his door panels and having missing colored rectangles on the on the rear 1/4 interior panels( I have pictures).

Paul

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
Thanks Paul, I knew you'd be able to shed some light on this fiasco. I remember some this happening back then but didn't think I'd have any other options back then but use this 'new' interior in the way they made it.
Now I guess I'm destined to buy a the correct seat covers from Ciadella and have a pinstriper friend of mine match the blank door panel badges.
So what do I do with a set of seat covers for a Red 62 Belair Spt. Cpe that has the wrong badging?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have seen a number of restored 62 bubble tops while watching the value of 62’s and just looking at 62’s with the earlier repro interiors ( over the last 15 years) that either have missing the rectangular pieces on the doors and the seat covers have the same covers you have and door panels without the metal piecesj. Post it on the All Chevy muscle & swap web site and sell the new interior - it’s an extra interior.

I see impala’s without chrome buttons and missing the interior door and rear 1/4 stainless - so guys are restoring or shops are restoring cars and not doing them correctly- just like bolting the bucket seat brackets or even bench seat brackets on top of new carpet- “completely incorrect” on restored cars ( saw 2 of them this week- I bet I have seen 10 restored for sale 62-64 SS cars within the last month bolted on top of new carpet - stupid…..)

The point is to many don’t seem care or even notice - so sell your interior - someone will buy it when compared to today’s prices assuming you pick a good price based on what you paid then.

Also Cars Inc has a 10% off sale till the end of July ( anniversary of company). I am buying a 62 impala SS interior for a friend here on the forum to save$.
Paul

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
I've tried to get a good picture of CARS seat backs but they don't have one shown on their web site. I talked to them and they are working on it.
Do you think CARS will be as good as the Ciadella interiors?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have installed at least 6 Cars 62 Impala interiors over the years ( including a blue 62 Belair interior in a friend bubbletoo) and still own 2-62’s with a Cars Inc interiors and one 62 SS convertible with a Ciadella interior.
I consider both companies the same for quality.

i assume you have new interior door and rear 1/4 panels. Did you use your original metal top rails?
Do not use reproduction metal top rails on preassembled side panels( doors & rear 1/4 interior panels) if you buy a new interior. Repro metal top rails do not fit as good or stay in place as the factory originals do.
Paul

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
I had sent my original top rails to Ciadella back in 98 so I have complete new door panels with no color badges. BLANK.
So I'm good to go on them.
I did install a Ciadella in my red 62 Impala and my Twilight Turquoise Impala so I knew the drill back then. In fact I bought the material from Ciadella and put the door panels together myself.
Donnie B.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
they sent me an email for being a customer, for their 45th anniversary --the discount code on the email was # 417
order by July 31st.
You will have to call them to see if they will give you the discount if you give them the code and info I listed above.
Paul

fourzeronine

Well Known Member
So what exactly is wrong with the seat covers?

Is there anything wrong with the door panels beyond the rectangles not being filled in with color?

bergsgrd

Well Known Member
The seat covers are beautiful, as well as the door panels except that the badge coloring are not to my liking and the door panels rectangles do not have color.