Classic performance products brake booster relocator

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Has anyone used one of these brake booster relocation kits 5564bb-0 ? I'm looking for some feedback
s-l500.jpg

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I got one and had to modify it a lot to fit and in the end I wasn't happy with it and will be finding a different one. I had to cut a lower corner off of it and countersink one or two spots to clear the screws that mount the steering column seal to the firewall on my 62 Impala. Overall I was very disappointed with it but your experience may very. Here is a link to the one I am planning on getting and know of one member that is using it on his 62 Impala with a 409 and tall aluminum valve covers.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-bbk006

akas59

I have been using one for about 10 years on my 59 El Camino. High quality part which allowed for valve cover clearance/removal for the 348. It does increase the brake pedal pressure required to stop car by a small amount. I like the difference as my booster was too strong. I did not need to modify in any way, wonder if something has changed in the past 10 years or are 59 and 62 firewalls enough different? Good luck.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There is no reson to use that bracket when the correct one is available. If it has to be modified that should be explanation enough. Contact membership 1958 delivery here, he can set you up with the correct bracket that will need no modifications.

droptop62ss

Well Known Member
Dan I'll be running a bbc with some tall valve covers and right now the booster is in the way .
Dan are you saying that he has brackets that will move the booster over ?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan I'll be running a bbc with some tall valve covers and right now the booster is in the way .
Dan are you saying that he has brackets that will move the booster over ?
The bracket that Mike has raises the booster up and uses a bellcrank. If your using the tall valve covers not sure about that.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have one of the brackets (new ) like the one pictured. I do not need it...
Paul

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have one of Mike's (58 delivery) set-ups (not installed) but very nice.

Gav