Clayton1961, new to here

Clayton1961

I don’t like social media much, but do like tech forums as they are useful. So here I am.

I’ve got a 1961 Impala sport coupe, 348 c.i. with 3x2 carbs. Was driven regularly until about 2012. I am in the process of making it roadworthy again, and am refurbishing small items. Currently rebuilt the spare set of carburetors, and am looking for new vacuum secondary parts. The ones on the car currently are worn and tired, and the old Chevy part numbers have long been retired.

Ecklers doesn’t have the parts, and Show Car Automotive only has the ‘expensive’ diaphragm with no specs.

If needed I can go the mechanical progressive linkage route, but prefer the original system.A5EFA3E6-F9B2-4772-875A-B2E2BFF2FF61.jpeg5C4B3144-5193-4396-AC6F-2AB61A674CFF.jpeg

Last edited:

Clayton1961

I’ve had it since 1983, and have put about 25,000 miles on it. The outside paint is from 1982. Under the hood about 1985. The car went in the shop about 2012, and has been sitting where you see it since. Life events happen, and it just kept being put on the back burner. Youngest son has taken an interest in it, and now knows the 2G/2GC carburetors inside and out. Next up is rebuilding the spare power steering items.

The air cleaner is off to compare the various linkages between carburetor sets.

Last edited:

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome,sweet 61 you have.It’s fantastic that you’ve owned this for almost 40 years.It’s sounds like your son has taken a liking to it.Encourage him,it is always nice to get a spare set of hands working on the car,and it will be a great way to build some family memories.Don’t be afraid to ask questions here.The knowledge is limitless.