Clutch pivot question

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
In going from a 6 cyl to a W, the clutch pivot obviously changes, does the GM part #2109 for 63-64 V-8 cars good for all V-8's? Or is there another way?:bang

mac1

Well Known Member
Bobaloo said:
In going from a 6 cyl to a W, the clutch pivot obviously changes, does the GM part #2109 for 63-64 V-8 cars good for all V-8's? Or is there another way?:bang

What is part #2109? If it's the frame mount bracket, then it should be the same for all engines.

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
Bobaloo said:
The engine side pivot stud has the same part number for all V8's. (2109)

Following up on this, I bought the 3767983 pivot frame bracket ($15.95) from Classic Muscle (Modern Chevrolet) since I am converting my 6cyl Automatic to a 409 with a Muncie four speed. My block won't be back from the machine shop for some time, and I would like to weld the pivot stud to the frame before I blast it and power coat it.

I noticed in the Steele rubber online site that the motor mount for V8 cars had an exception for the 409. What is the difference in the motor mount?

Can I set up the distance for the pivot with a small block and regular V-8 motor mount or will this change the distance?

Will a Mcleod scattershield give the same distance as a 553 bellhousing?

thanks

Bobaloo

Well Known Member
I was speaking of the pivot that mounts on the engine. The 6 cyl has a sort of "V" shaped device that comes out from the block about 4 or 5 inches. Today I found that the part Classic Indus. has in their catalog shows it for all V-8 engines 58 - 66, so I got that one. Thanks everyone.
Bob

mac1

Well Known Member
MileHiSS said:
I noticed in the Steele rubber online site that the motor mount for V8 cars had an exception for the 409. What is the difference in the motor mount?

Can I set up the distance for the pivot with a small block and regular V-8 motor mount or will this change the distance?

thanks

The only difference I saw was the 409 motor mount has interlocking metal safety catches in case the rubber detaches from the mount.
The bolt pattern is the same and I think sb v-8 mounts will interchange.

I'd wait until you get the 409 in the car before you weld the pivot bracket to the frame. This way you can line everything up first. Mac