COLD!

bobs409

Administrator
WTF is going on lately? :shudder High today of 13F in PA!!! Single digits over night. No end in sight either after about a week of this already... I don't remember having such a long cold snap before. Guess that whole global warming thing didn't pan out. :D

Just ranting because I'm BORED! :impatient

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
We got up this morning to 0 degrees wind chill,not supposed to get out of the mid teens all day.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I'm jealous Russ! I just got my first utility bill for the radiant heat setup and was quite disappointed in the "cost per day". Pretty sure I am going to have to reconsider the heating source, which for now has been a 50 gallon electric water heater, similar to what one would use in your house. Paul had a good suggestion for replacement, but that's not in the budget right now (what is?) ...

Woke up Saturday morning to a freezing cold house (54 degrees) as the heating unit crapped out overnight. Took me most of Saturday to figure it out. Then it took another 12 hours of operation to get into the low 60s :(.

Yeppers, it's cold outside!

Happy Holidays!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I'm jealous Russ! I just got my first utility bill for the radiant heat setup and was quite disappointed in the "cost per day". Pretty sure I am going to have to reconsider the heating source, which for now has been a 50 gallon electric water heater, similar to what one would use in your house. Paul had a good suggestion for replacement, but that's not in the budget right now (what is?) ...

Woke up Saturday morning to a freezing cold house (54 degrees) as the heating unit crapped out overnight. Took me most of Saturday to figure it out. Then it took another 12 hours of operation to get into the low 60s :(.

Yeppers, it's cold outside!

Happy Holidays!

Yeah that happened just before coming out to Colorado and was the fan motor in the air handler! Those space heaters really cost me!
Robert

RCampbell

Well Known Member
Tom...There's a shop in town using a waste oil boiler...another using a wood fired unit for their radiant floor heat. I'm using a propane overhead radiant tube. -3' tonite!!! A balmy 13' tomorrow

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
The location I placed the manifold with six runs of tubing limits what I can use to heat water. It's a closed system with a standard h20 heater. I think I need something more efficient with a "brain" :). Or free electricity.

Not to bore everyone, but even operating at full bore and not being real cold this past month, I never was able to get her much over 66 - 67 degrees.
And that was at floor level. Three feet off the concrete it much colder...

Kaycee

Well Known Member
We nailed a -4 today it did get up to a balmy 12 after lunch ,ran the propane heater in the shop got it up to 50 got the sound deadner and carpet in and ready to reskin the back seat.