Collector auction -- Philly area

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ted,

That's cool, your lovely wife buying a 62 09' car for you guy's to have fun in !

Sorry to hear that you gave up the Harley's. I've been riding bikes for over 40
years. Had a real bad crash (woman pulled out in front of me on highway, T-bone
@ 55 mph) that came real close to killing me. She left me for dead. Drove off.
A witness drug my body off the highway. When I was in the hospital recovering
(parallized from waist down) I didn't want to ever even see another motorcycle!
I recovered, quickly, I might add. I was only down 2 weeks. That same spill
would probably kill me now! :eek:

Anyway, I couldn't stay off of bikes. Got back on as soon as I recovered. Been
riding ever since. My current ride is a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. Absolutley
love it. :clap

Have you ever rode a H-D Ultra ? :dunno

Just a thought.........:) :brow

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
61belairbubbletop

Thanks for the wife compliment!!:cool: I'm glad you survived and jumped back on a Harley.

Yes, I've been on an Ultra Classic sweet cadilac bike lost a good friend on one right after our helmet law changed a 72 year old man caused the same accident as yours, we live in the Tampa Bay area and there is too many folks trying too kill bike riders with their cars not on purpose but with their mind being in a hurry to get no where.

We own a piece of property 50 miles north of here on a little river. I only have two more years till retirement or sooner if they would just buy me out after 33 years too date. Probably once we can spend more time at the river then weekends, we'll probably get bikes again as it's beautiful up at the River.

Keep riding and driving safe!!!!:)

Ted

doc396

Well Known Member
$$$$ auction

i would love to go but it seems cars/parts auctions such as these have gotten so pricey that they are out of reach for the life long car lover with blue collar pocket book.:cry doc

wc chevys

Well Known Member
Me and Cubby(my brother) are thinking about going ,not really to buy but just to look.I figure most will bring big dollars

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I have a pile of these...think they'll take 'em? :roll

91A-obv-big.jpg

Eotnak

Supporting Member 1
I'm going probably just to check it out, maybe pick up a parts car if I'm not priced out.

wc chevys

Well Known Member
Have you guys checked the auction web site lately, they are starting to post pictures and descriptions of each car

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I guess I'm not too auction savvy, so somebody help me out here. What is meant by 15% buyers premiun? You buy something and they charge you another 15%? What about the $500 refundable depoit? You get it back if you buy something? or don't?

Old School

Supporting Member 1
Yes to both.. !5% is added to the final bid and the deposit is for the bidder's padel. YOu get it back at the end of the auction or when you turn it in.

Are you going?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Not this time...

I won't be making the trek, for a number of reasons. Have fun, those of you who do attend!

Best,
TomK

doc396

Well Known Member
i seen posted on another site that there will be a live auction thru ebay for this event. i have no idea how that would work? :dunno i am not sure this will get you to the whole auction, but this is the ebay # for one of the cars 310015846068. maybe someone here can post the link?:doh doc

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Last night 7 pages of items were listed on E-Bay,including all of the cars ,a hugh number of motors ,heads,intakes,trannys,etc.They had a complete description of all the parts listed with lot numbers and basic starting bid prices.They were trying to get people to register early and possibly bid to drive up the opening prices.This morning(Sunday) I checked E-Bay again and everything had been pulled.Seems like something shady going on here?????? .I believe there is some sort of listing in regular E-Bay,use Doc's number in previous post. John

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
i seen posted on another site that there will be a live auction thru ebay for this event. i have no idea how that would work? :dunno i am not sure this will get you to the whole auction, but this is the ebay # for one of the cars 310015846068. maybe someone here can post the link?:doh doc

I did a search for the item number you gave and then clicked on "View seller's other items". Got a WHOLE bunch of listings! Some coins on the first two pages but the cars start on page two. I haven't looked any further. Here's the link to all the items:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZslosbergauction

If you are in attendance, and there is an "on line" auction going at the same time, how do you know you're not being conned by the auction company about the bids coming from ebay? :deal Also, how do the ebay bidders know, in real time, when a bid changes and they have been out bid? I'm beginning to think this whole thing is a real shifty. I also don't like the idea of a 15% buyers premium that was stated on the auctioneer web site when the auction first appeared. Now the ebay listings say a 20% buyers premium. Who do these auctioneers think they are? BJ? :evil :cuss

doc396

Well Known Member
sorry i am so computer stupid. heres the address i used "liveauctioneers.com/catalog/14913":bang doc

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Doc,its not you,the auction company posted the stuff in E-Bay instead of E-Bay Motors. John