Color me gone baby!!

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
YES!! The only problem I have is with the master cylinder being mounted up on the cowl. hehehe

Looks GREAT!! :brow

You're almost there!!

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
YES!! The only problem I have is with the master cylinder being mounted up on the cowl. hehehe

It's going to be a tight fit with this new master cylinder for the disks. I am also going to have to move the poportional valve on it's side (hope they not sensitive to how they are mounted)

should be done with most of it tonight... I hope...

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yeah - But ????

Mike,

Yeah, but did it START ???? Did you get it up and running like you hoped this weekend ???

Curious mind's want to know...:dunno :hug

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:bang It's not going to happen this weekend :cry The engine builder wants me to swap out oil for the Brad Penn break-in oil (http://www.bradpennracing.com/) higher in zinc than anything out there. Remember the old Kendall green? This is it but under a different name but same origanl formula and owner. The kind of oil you gotta use paint thinner to get it off your hands :) American Oil baby!!
Sorry about the plug but I like all things American!
Right now I am plumbing in the brakes. Anyone know what the narrowest master cylinder a person could use on disc / drum system? 58 Delivery do you know since I bought the kit from you?? The one I have is kinda fat and to adjust the solid roller I will have to pull if off :scratch

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My new Still

Well it's got enough tubes for one! I need to shorten the front one some as well.

IMAGE_128.jpg

IMAGE_129.jpg

have about an inch of clearence between the master and the valve cover...

Attachments

• IMAGE_127.jpg
    IMAGE_127.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 74

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Mike, this is a picture of the one on my car. It is from Strange, but looks very much like one from a Chrysler product. The master I had when the small block was in there, I'm pretty sure came from a mid 80's Chevelle.

Attachments

• IMG_2308 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2308 (Small).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 62

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'll dig around at the auto store and see what they have. I bought the kit from a member here so I am hopping he will be able to give me some options.

thanks

Mike

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:bang It's not going to happen this weekend :cry The engine builder wants me to swap out oil for the Brad Penn break-in oil (http://www.bradpennracing.com/) higher in zinc than anything out there. Remember the old Kendall green? This is it but under a different name but same origanl formula and owner. The kind of oil you gotta use paint thinner to get it off your hands :) American Oil baby!!
Sorry about the plug but I like all things American!
Right now I am plumbing in the brakes. Anyone know what the narrowest master cylinder a person could use on disc / drum system? 58 Delivery do you know since I bought the kit from you?? The one I have is kinda fat and to adjust the solid roller I will have to pull if off :scratch

Curious as to why you relocated the prop valve? It doesn't hit the stock inner fender as supplied.
Wouldn't it have looked better if you relocated down towards the frame?
While you're into the "buy American" thing, they still make tube benders made in the USA , don't they?

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Curious as to why you relocated the prop valve? It doesn't hit the stock inner fender as supplied.
Wouldn't it have looked better if you relocated down towards the frame?
While you're into the "buy American" thing, they still make tube benders made in the USA , don't they?

I run fenderwell headers and the prop valve was in the way so it had to be moved. No room with the clutch arm plus plus that's where I stick my arm thru to change plugs. LOL yes they do and I may even invest in one.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You may be better off with one of those aluminum late model car masters and an adjustable prop valve, like one from Wilwood. Make sure you get nothing larger than a 1" bore and it must have a deep hole for your rod. You can return the master/prop valve if it's as received, no surface rust on master, all lines intact/no stripped threads. I'll refund your purchase price.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You may be better off with one of those aluminum late model car masters and an adjustable prop valve, like one from Wilwood. Make sure you get nothing larger than a 1" bore and it must have a deep hole for your rod. You can return the master/prop valve if it's as received, no surface rust on master, all lines intact/no stripped threads. I'll refund your purchase price.

What year on the master like the 90's full size van / S10? This prop valve would work with it correct?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No idea on that late model stuff. No magic, just don't get one larger than 1" or you'll have a very hard pedal. Typically, 15/16" or 1" bore. One of the problems is most were designed for power and they will have a shallow hole, you have to use a deep hole with your manual brakes. They exist, I just don't get involved with that kind of stuff. I do have the Wilwood prop valve though. Your GM style valve will work with any master.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. I will go to the parts store with my calipers and take some depth measurements of the S10 / Van type masters. I'll keep the prop since it will work maybe swap ya the master for a tube bender :D

Hey do they make or is it safe to use flexable line? If so so you have any? That woud solve the issue. Two nuts are simple to get to..

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
what else to do on a Sunday

but mount headers

58 delivery this is why I have my prop valve mounted up high :brow

IMAGE_130.jpg

IMAGE_131.jpg

IMAGE_132.jpg

nap time!

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey do they make or is it safe to use flexable line? If so so you have any? That woud solve the issue. Two nuts are simple to get to..

If you do use flex line just make sure you use the stainless braided line,,dq

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The steel line is fine. Just take a length of brazing rod make a patern and then copy it with the tubing bender. It's simple and it looks good.

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I need to be able to move my master cylinder a few times a year to adjust my solid lifters so I need the flexable line.
Thanks for the tip!! Bought a line bender today and will be redoing them.

thanks

Mike