Columbia Mo swap meet in Springfield Mo

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Coming up this week end
Kinda funny how are home swap meet ended up in Springfield

We set up Thursday the meet is Friday and Saturday.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
James:

I am not able to attend, our grand daughter celebrates Bday #1 this weekend and I'll be in KC Friday and Saturday.

I might have some stuff that we can convert into cash for the "Mint to Be" 1961 Biscayne project, however :).

Tom

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I will be the one that looks like he is long overdo for a hair cut and if Tom gets with me before hand I will have some 409 parts for sale.DSC_0409.jpglt.jpg
That's me in the hat helping so guys in the staging lanes at the meltdown drags
I had noticed the accelerator pump leaking on his front carb so I found the car owner and gave him a heads up.
Then I went to my pits and got the tools and a pump diaphragm and fixed it for him and don't even remember a thank you or come to my pits for a free beer. Oh well I still fill good about it.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I went last year and spent a little time talking to James. This year I think we're going to Belleville, Ill. I wasn't too impressed with the Springfield meet, maybe if they keep it there, it'll grow on me. The guy who runs it said it would be back in Columbia this year?
Next Sunday is the meet at Cape Girardeau, we hadn't missed it in many years until we went to Springfield last year.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Russ:

Wish I could be there! James will have some left over "W" parts on his table, look for them and you'll spot him :).

We hope to set some time aside in the near term to come visit for a longer period of time!

Best, Tom

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Looking forward to meet also.
Hoping to unload some parts to make room for better parts.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My bud Chris took a bunch of pictures when I was working that one. Don't remember that I seen it run must of not been all that but it was shinny.DSC_0414.jpglt.jpg DSC_0421.jpglt.jpg
I couldn't stand it anymore I had to jump in.
Maybe they didn't like me playing with there girl that's why I didn't get a beer.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It was an honor to meet up with Russ.
Hope I can remember every thing he said.
Mearl caught me napping great seeing you. Boy I sure don't remember having that much fun the night before. Must be getting old.
Sold some stuff but not the heavy crap.
Hears a shot of my spread.20160213_082444.jpg

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We wound up going to Springfield because Deb freaked out about the weather forecast for Sunday. We ended up with some really slick conditions, so I guess she was right. Anyway, we'll go to Cape this weekend, the weather is supposed to be great.
After we saw James, a little girl asked if she could take our picture for the Springfield paper (on line version), it actually turned out to be pretty good picture. It was the first time Deb and I have had our picture taken together in about 20 years.