Competitive Shooting

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
My other interest.

Last week at the NBRSA Nationals in De Soto, Ks i qualified to go to France in August of 2011 to represent the USA in benchrest competition. I will be one of 12 people in the USA representing our country. I have been doing this competition for 10 years and have tried for the last 6 to be on the team. I came in 13th 4 years ago and two years ago my back was so messed up i could not make the qualifying matches. Making the World Team is one of the most prestigous honors to have accomplished in this sport and i am honored to compete for my country. :clap:cheers The other is to make the Hall Of Fame. I am one happy dude. I turned 63 on Wednesday and made the team on Friday. What a week. There were 160 shooters and i made the top 20 in all the big events.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
:cool:

Quite an accomplishment and a great honor. Shoot straight and give 'em hell.:clap:cheers

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
great

Great and good shooting ahead, I do all my own reloading and have cut pencils off at 50 ft. Also 63 ,, but eyes are starting to go...... Win that Gold for us,
Cecil did you get my e-mail?:clap::clap

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Great shooting Dave. If I recall breathing is quite important. I myself could not hit the broadside of a barn with a shovel full of bb's.:roll Not that bad, but almost. It is quite an accomplishment. Good luck Brian

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Great and good shooting ahead, I do all my own reloading and have cut pencils off at 50 ft. Also 63 ,, but eyes are starting to go...... Win that Gold for us,
Cecil did you get my e-mail?:clap::clap

Yes I did Mike. I'm working on it. I don't think anybody except maybe Verne Franz knows all the early codes. I have a pretty good guess I'll get to you tomorrow.
I've got a lot of things going on all at once here. Got an engine sold to a guy from Calgary who's in town right now, working on an airplane , my Corv8, and my 66 Corvette may be in paint sometime before Christmas. I'm too old for all this excitement.:rolleyes: