Complete Underside of my 64, Epoxy

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes Sir, it will be a driven car, no trailer queen......... I agree on the sound deadening aspect. The Frame got the same treatment except it was shot in chassis black paint (3 Coats). I think if you go to the effort to separate the frame from the body, you have to clean all that up, or what's the point.
I am trying to decide if I want to shoot the new gas tank chassis black or leave it natural, thats all that is left to do before mounting it back on the new body bushings and mount bolts and frame. All suspension is brand new as well, I just want to drive it, not wrench on it, after 5 years of this project, I am done having fun working on it, lol

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks good.

I have also just completed the underside of my 62 the same about 3 weeks ago and now ready to go on to chassis, aiming for natural tank.
Car is going to be Tuxedo Black.
View attachment 64321

Gav
Yes I am trying to decide on my exterior color STILL....My car was originally a Desert Beige, with Desert Beige interior, I cannot paint the car that color lol, I just cannot, engine bay is all Matt Black, low sheen chassis color, orange engine and chrome/aluminum/stainless. I am leaving interior as is, its in perfect condition. I cannot for the life of me decide on an exterior color, I need to soon though. I can do House of Kolor, or a factory color or pearl or wahtever I want, but once I change it from factory color to whatever I decide, it will be a non original car anyway, and that I do not care about, but when you have been re-doing a car this long and the color to me is critical, it has to flow with the rest of the car and I have builders block, lol I cannot decide.

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
put in on the internet pictures of your model and year and look at all the colors that come up to see which ones you like.
You normally get 40 to 60 pictures or more when you do this.

Like this "pictures of 1964 Chevy Impala SS cars"

Paul

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
I put the bedliner material coating on the bottom of my 57. It should last forever and think it does help insulate.
Paint it desert beige - love the color and not too many cars that color. Just my 2 cents.

Fuzz

Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It surely does provide sound barrier, and longevity, that undercarriage will last longer than me, lol

As far as the Desert Beige, there's not a snowball's chance in hell, I'll never go back to that color, lol just my feelings...... I have a House of Kolors
Custom color I am using Pagan Gold over Black, with a Copper Activator its a stunning color with lots of highlights and a pearl White top, with Pagan gold and a small hint of the Copper, it will be a one of a kind color, just like the rest of the build, new school meets old skool. I love it as much as I love my Wife and my Dog, lol....... I really love my Dog alot.