Compressor?

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well I believe my 60 gal. 5hp is starting to die it’s a single phase when I would running any tool like grinder, da the compressor would run and the tool would perform great. Well the other day it started to not being able to keep and now I find myself waiting for air. Thoughts? I’m thinking of replacing with a kobalt 60 gal. 2 phase anyone had any experience with one of these?

Attachments

• 0B2281BB-EA05-43CD-BA45-D8E47B4DB77F.jpeg
    0B2281BB-EA05-43CD-BA45-D8E47B4DB77F.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 12

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't know the specs on the compressor, but I would recommend getting a compressor with a cast iron pump, two stage in the highest cfm rating you can afford. The higher the cfm rating, the less the compressor will run, if you have a 60 or 80 gallon tank. I have had my Campbell Hausfield cast iron four cylinder compressor with an 80 gallon tank for years. Still runs great. Of course, now that I posted this, I'll probably be looking for a compressor next week.:doh

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't know the specs on the compressor, but I would recommend getting a compressor with a cast iron pump, two stage in the highest cfm rating you can afford. The higher the cfm rating, the less the compressor will run, if you have a 60 or 80 gallon tank. I have had my Campbell Hausfield cast iron four cylinder compressor with an 80 gallon tank for years. Still runs great. Of course, now that I posted this, I'll probably be looking for a compressor next week.:doh
Let’s hope not Jim, The one I have is 14 years old with lots & lots of hours. That kobalt one I’m looking at is made by C&H so maybe it’s a good choice Ty

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Well I believe my 60 gal. 5hp is starting to die it’s a single phase when I would running any tool like grinder, da the compressor would run and the tool would perform great. Well the other day it started to not being able to keep and now I find myself waiting for air. Thoughts? I’m thinking of replacing with a kobalt 60 gal. 2 phase anyone had any experience with one of these?
I once had a sears compressor a roll around 110v . Every now and then i would have to pull the head and clean the reed valves . I finally got tired of that and not being able to keep up with air and sold it to a farmer who just needed to air up a tire every now and then. Don't know of yours has reed valves?

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I once had a sears compressor a roll around 110v . Every now and then i would have to pull the head and clean the reed valves . I finally got tired of that and not being able to keep up with air and sold it to a farmer who just needed to air up a tire every now and then. Don't know of yours has reed valves?
I believe it does it’s a Mac tools compressor made by Chicago pneumatic, I’m pretty sure it’s farmer time!

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I got a 2 stage 5 hp 80 gallon tank with 175 air pressure . I thinking i paid 1200.00 for it about 20 uears ago. .
I was just looking on tractor supply there 1099.00 which I believe is a great price! Do you paint & sandblast with it? Seems to be a popular compressor! lol

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I was just looking on tractor supply there 1099.00 which I believe is a great price! Do you paint & sandblast with it? Seems to be a popular compressor! lol
I have painted vehicles and sand blast and it keeps up with D A sander.. I was told it has insert:s in pump. Never had any problems with it . Change oil when needed and air filter.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have painted vehicles and sand blast and it keeps up with D A sander.. I was told it has insert:s in pump. Never had any problems with it . Change oil when needed and air filter.
Nice! That’s what I’m looking for I painted with mine now but was tricky to say the least. Sold!! Thanks for info!!!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I bought mine from a nut and bolt store that sold those, and had several sizes. There is also a dealer a few hours away also that sells these as his only business, so i knew it was a good compressor. Mine is a industrial air.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Wow ,just looked at a new industrial air 80 gallon at home depot and they are $2090.00 now. That might be a higher horse power model.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just my opinion, however I would try to avoid the V compressor models. ( Don't go beating me guys, it just and opinion ) I have a cast iron 5 hp upright 2 stage 80 gal industrial compressor.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Just my opinion, however I would try to avoid the V compressor models. ( Don't go beating me guys, it just and opinion ) I have a cast iron 5 hp upright 2 stage 80 gal industrial compressor.
Sound's like same as mine.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This is the guy I’m looking at??

Attachments

• B8FA6049-375B-4F73-969C-45A0A294ABA9.jpeg
    B8FA6049-375B-4F73-969C-45A0A294ABA9.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 13