Compressor?

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have a Ram Air 5hp 2 stage Quicy pump 80 gallon at the shop, the motor on it is a third again larger than the one at home. It is larger that the 7hp motor on the other compressor in the shop.

Junky

Well Known Member
Just a thought.. the 3/4" ball valve has 3/4" fittings on the ends, however, the diameter of the inside isn't 3/4", it is more like 1/2". If you don't mind the restriction, then go with the 3/4" ball valve. If you want a true 3/4" flow through the ball valve, you need to jump up to a 1" ball valve, which will have a true 3/4" opening in the center. If it were mine, I would plumb it with all 1" black iron pipe. A lot depends on what your needs are.. If you are going to be using a blast cabinet, you want both pressure and volume. If you are using it for paint, the new guns require less pressure but more volume. Keep in mind, that you can always hook it up to the old tank to give you increased volume of compressed air.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just a thought.. the 3/4" ball valve has 3/4" fittings on the ends, however, the diameter of the inside isn't 3/4", it is more like 1/2". If you don't mind the restriction, then go with the 3/4" ball valve. If you want a true 3/4" flow through the ball valve, you need to jump up to a 1" ball valve, which will have a true 3/4" opening in the center. If it were mine, I would plumb it with all 1" black iron pipe. A lot depends on what your needs are.. If you are going to be using a blast cabinet, you want both pressure and volume. If you are using it for paint, the new guns require less pressure but more volume. Keep in mind, that you can always hook it up to the old tank to give you increased volume of compressed air.
Yeah I was looking at them notice the inner diameter is smaller I haven’t started the install yet so hopefully if someone is open around here tomorrow I’ll take a look around thanks for the info junky!!