Compressor?

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I looked at Industri al air 5hp two stage 80 gallon for 1300.00. on sale but out of stock for now . These compressors run slower and are not very noisy compared to others. I would highly tecommend this one. I myself decided i would spend the money for a good one and that is what i got very satified.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I looked at Industri al air 5hp two stage 80 gallon for 1300.00. on sale but out of stock for now . These compressors run slower and are not very noisy compared to others. I would highly tecommend this one. I myself decided i would spend the money for a good one and that is what i got very satified.
I don’t blame you I’m going to stay away from tractor supply IR is making that model just for them. I don’t like that! I’ll definitely be looking at that.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I would look for a good used commercial unit either 3 or 5 HP and 2 stage. I have a Wayne 3 HP 2 stage 80 gal. that my dad bought new in 1960 for his automotive shop. When he sold his shop and retired in the early 80's I acquired it and have been using it ever since, it still runs perfect with no issues and has plenty of air for all kinds of tools. A buddy of mine just bought a Binks 5 HP 2 stage w/60 gal. horizontal tank for $250, runs perfect!

Attachments

• IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 8

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I bought a used Quincy 5HP 80 gallon vertical air compressor. A mechanic friend said, at least at that time, they were the only compressor that only came up to oil pressure, would the pump o
go on. Used it to run a body shop business for about 8 years. At home shop now, finally getting ready to wire it into the shop.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
northern tool has a 5 year parts and labor warrantee on their compressors...I bought one and the same day I plugged it in the motor stalled...next day I got a 5 hp American made motor installed at no charge...nobody has 5 year warranties...I was gonna go with a quincy but they only had a 1 year warrantee for an additional 600 bucks...

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I’m definitely going to keep looking there are tons of options and I want to get the best bang for the buck. It definitely seems like Home Depot, Lowe’s, tractor supply are hit or miss with the popular brands and my luck will be a miss lmao

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Don.....why don't you park the 63 in the garage and send me your wheel dollies??? I'll pay the shipping.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Don, no wonder you didn't hook up with me when I was in the neighborhood. you didn't what to have to wipe all the fingerprints and slobber off of that beauty. :love
I was waiting for you wondering .I didnt want to disturb you while you were eating out. Next thing i knew you were heading back. I actually talked to you at 2014 gb convention. You were trying to figiure out the bel air 409 motor why it didn't run well. Remember, maybe not ......