Computer Issues With Photos

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
My lap top computer fried. Got me a new lap top which has the new windows 10 . ( which is taking some getting used to !!) Now when I try to load pictures on this site it comes up with error message - the uploaded file is to large!! But if I go to the old house computer and copy a photo and download it here it works with no problem!! Any ideas!!!!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I wish I had never converted to 10-lot of problems.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2.4s

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Bob told me max file size is 200kb. Sometimes i can post larger ones. I use one of the programs on my computer, paint or picture viewer. Go to where your picture is stored and hover your pointer over the pic and it will tell you the size. If you need to resize, right click, there should be an option there that says "open with" that should have paint or picture viewer or some other program. I just fumbled around until i figured it out. You an also go to a remote hosting site. Good luck.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Open with paint, click on "resize" enter percentage, usually 40-50 % then save and it's resized.

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Just to clarify these are not pictures stored on my computer. When on a website and you like pictures of a car and copy and then go to paste it here under cars to post it ,it will not let me .It keeps saying error file to large. Works fine when doing it on old home computer.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's because you need to save it first(save picture as) on computer, then resize as previously mentioned. You can't copy and paste normally

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
OK Thanks . I guess that is something new with windows 10.I never had to do it that way. I like my older computer better!!!!!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't have 10 but it's pretty difficult to copy and paste pictures from my experience. So easy to save as and then upload.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you are looking at an image on another site, if you right click on the pic and use "save image location" (or some words like that) and paste it here using the "image" icon next to the smilies, it usually works. I do that with things like a pic of a Show Cars part.

mike s

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Ok . I just tried it that way and it works fine. I was just able to post a picture under cars section doing it that way!!!! I guess that's new way for windows 10. I never had to do it like that usually was copy and paste. Thank You Sir!!!!!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok . I just tried it that way and it works fine. I was just able to post a picture under cars section doing it that way!!!! I guess that's new way for windows 10. I never had to do it like that usually was copy and paste. Thank You Sir!!!!!!!
I know nothing about Windows 10, I have an 8 eight year old Apple, apparently Bill Gates:D is upgrading some more............

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
From my Mac, the file reducer appears to not work with PNG files. JPG GIF and other formats will reduce.

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
Just to clarify these are not pictures stored on my computer. When on a website and you like pictures of a car and copy and then go to paste it here under cars to post it, it will not let me. It keeps saying error file to large. Works fine when doing it on old home computer.

Are you doing this with the same exact photo, just on a different computer?