Console door padding

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So, did you just throw him the keys. :confusedLambert, wild and crazy guy and good racer with the 57. I really like that color because it will still look good with a little patina. Keep up the good work. :good

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Kind of a story on this car. Been looking for a 64 SS for a long time since that was my first car and first hot rod. Since I have a lot of the 409 stuff from the 70 a motor and trans did not need to be there. So about 10-15 years ago I was at the Pontiac Southern Nationals in Dallas. The Dallas Pontiac club has show Saturday and racing in Ennis Sunday. Between Dallas and Ennis there is a little town that has a house the people live in that the front yard use for a used car lot. So pulling down to race Sunday saw the SS in the front yard. Front clip was off stuff in back seat and trunk no motor or trans. They had bought at an auction.Talked price $2100. Said I would call on Monday. Called already sold to a little dealer up in East Texas, got his number. Called him, he liked Impalas, asked if he wanted to make an easy $500-said sure and he would meet me in Huntsville halfway! So brought a buddy and my trailer, all of us rolled it from one trailer to the other. Zip tied the front fenders, grill etc on so it was not sitting on the interior! Still zip tied! Found the previous owner in Carrollton that gave it to a school for the auction and he still had all new glass for it I went and picked up. Built the motor and dyned it about 8 years ago so now starting on the project to get it finished.