Convention Photos and Video

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Great pictures Mark! :cheers Looking through them reminded me of all the race cars that were there. :bow It's too bad the drags got rained out because most of those guys came to race. There was alot of hardcore equiptment there, lots of Z11 heads.

Rich64SS

Well Known Member
AWESOME pics!!! Thanks so much for posting for those of us who could only dream about being there. :love

Looks like the photographer was really excited taking pics of the Z11 in progress(many blurry photos) :roll

oil4kids

Well Known Member
blurry photos

Yea you can blame me,, this was a new digital camera I picked up before the show,
the indoor shots are blurry due to a slower shutter speed i didnt expect with a digital

I had a few more photos of Hayden but same problem, took them under a canopy and were a little blurry so i didnt post em

MArk

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I looked at a couple and they were "great", but the files are HUGE for my "super slow, out in the country dial-up".

Ron

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks for posting those extra clips. :clap I like the way Bluescreamer goes down the track. It has a cool old school look about it. The rear end squats and the front end rises. :cool: The cars sure look alot faster in person than they do in a video though. :( It was amazing to see all those Z 11's in one place. I sure hope we can put together another convention. :beerbang

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Oil4Kids, In the pictures 25 &26 there is a white 58 with a red interior in the background. Do you have any pictures of that car or know who owns it or where it came from? All I have left of the one I had like it in 69 are a couple pictures and poor ones of the 409 engine I had in it.

Thanks

RAY

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This one?
67769624.jpg

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
DQ
Thats the one!! Thank you sooo much. I been tingling for 10 minutes seeing it. Really.

Thanks again, do you know who owns it?

Ray

Heres what I got left of mine. The good news is they will have to pry the one I got now ( the Dark carmon one) from MY COLD DEAD HANDS1

Attachments

• .gifmy white 58.gif
    .gifmy white 58.gif
    63.4 KB · Views: 70
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 71

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you tingled on that one,,,,, I afraid to ask/see what this picture of the engine does,,, heeee heeee,,,dq

`58 Engine

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lets just say it's like when you are embarresed to walk off the dance floor. :D

Ray

PS: When I first l pulled up to look at the dark carmon one I almost puked about the color. Then I found out itwas originally white. That pretty much sold me. The paint is lousy on it (typical California resto). Someone went through a lot of work dissassembling this car, which is super solid original underneath, and did not know how to paint. Some day if time and money come togehter it'll get done right.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That 58 had big power. I can't remember how much but at least 600hp. It had Lamar's aluminum heads and intake. I remember that it also had a Richmond 6 speed tranny. By the way I'm almost positive that this is the same guy that won the 574hp engine that they gave away at the convention. Phil would be able to tell you for sure.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
1958 Impala Stroker

I have a person's shadow across the info display board. The owners name is not on it. But I also think he was the lucky winner of the stroker engine. It is hard to read, but it says:

1958-2dr. Impala
Bucket seats (65 SS Impala)
Red Leather Interior
Richmond 6 speed trans
483 cubic inch-409 bored .060
454 Crank and Rods
2 pc alum intake 2-650 cfm afb
Alum heads-Lamar Walden
Roller Rockers
Roller Cam (Crane)
Horse Power- dyno 700
Plus 690 ft. lbs. Torque

Sponsered by BarnesCo. Inc.
Arkansas City, Kansas

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ya know,,,, I don`t want to start anything here but,,,,,,,,,, I need to restate this again,,,,,

The aluminum parts that Lamar sells are NOT his !!
He only does the machine work on the ones he sells for Rich Rojeski "CRW"!

Rich is the one who does the pattern work has the parts, heads, intakes, water pumps, etc. cast, then sells them. :clap

Lamar does the machining on the parts he buys from "CRW" (Rich).

Rich is about to open the market on these and other aluminum parts for our engines that will make these parts much easier to obtain and they should come down in price somewhat.

All along Rich has wanted to have these parts marketed and availible on the open market not exclusively through Lamar and this is about to happen very soon!

This will be good to any of us that are interested in buying these parts.

Maybe Michael,TMracing can post a picture of his information board of his car that he showed last week.
I believe Michael listed the aluminum parts on his car correctly !!

Credit due should be credit correct !!

Just me on my soap box,,,,,,,dq :brow

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Aluminum parts

Jim, there is Also Vince Chiappardi involved. He is here in Orange, CA. Looking over my shoulder!!!!!!!!! The new logo is now CRV . Work is progressing. The 4 bolt mains are done, and ready to go. Email Vince at oldcams@earthlink.net .

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes Fred ,,,, I should have mentioned Vince!
I`m sure with the addition of Vince with his knowledge and connections Rich`s and Vinces parts list should grow and become easily available and somewhat cheaper. ,,,dq :clap