Cool Old Stuff

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Love it! I'll never forget as a kid getting stuck at the gas station with my mom. She didn't know how to fuel up the 1957 Nomad and I was like 7-8 years old. Them fins hide a secret filler. LOL! Thankfully someone finally came along and knew where the filler was.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Brings back memory of when I worked at a Phillips 66 station. Started in 7th grade going to work at 6 am every day except Sunday. Done by 8 am for school. Cleaned up, filled pop machines, cleaned bathrooms and sold gas to people going to work early. Also worked Saturday all day. Remember a guy came in one of my first Saturdays at work with a 1956 Chevy and he said to fill it up. Looked at left side for gas door - nope. Right side - nope. Behind license plate - nope. Around bumper and tail lights - nope. Glanced in the large plate glass window where everyone would congregate inside and there were 4 guys laughing and pointing out at me. The owner, one of them, came out and asked if there was a problem. (Smart ass). He knew. Looked inside again and they were still doubled over laughing. Finally taking pity on me he went over to the drivers side tail light and ”showed me how to open it up“. Took a long time before those guys let me forget about it.

Fuzz

MAGA